British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Unwanted furniture (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/unwanted-furniture-908430/)

fury Jan 25th 2018 3:41 pm

Unwanted furniture

Hi along with the house I bought last November came the contents.
Some of them are not to our liking.
I tried the people who `buy any unwanted furniture` but they don't come to the villages!
I'm in Tolox (you wouldn't like it).
So how do I dump my 2 sofas and bunk beds?
Locals say `Oh someone will want them` but not them.
Any helpful suggestions please.

mikelincs Jan 25th 2018 3:45 pm

Re: Unwanted furniture

Originally Posted by fury (Post 12427504)
I tried the people who `buy any unwanted furniture` but they don't come to the villages!

We just used to dump them by the nearest refuse bin in the street, they would either be taken by the bin men or other people.

Rosemary Jan 25th 2018 4:33 pm

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Rosemary Jan 25th 2018 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12427506)
We just used to dump them by the nearest refuse bin in the street, they would either be taken by the bin men or other people.

In the past we used to be told to dump things beside the rubbish bin on the first Monday of the month but that changed and now people are fined if they do this.

Maybe a visit to the town hall would be a good idea.

Rosemary

Retired in Euskadi Jan 25th 2018 6:01 pm

In our area there are several outlets of the company REMAR, who sell 2nd hand furniture. I believe they have outlets all over Spain.
They would probably collect your furniture.

missile Jan 26th 2018 12:27 am

There will be a recycling / disposal site in your local. Ask at your Ayuntanento.

rachelk Jan 26th 2018 8:47 am

If they're in decent condition couldn't you donate them to some ONG? When I left Málaga, I contacted these people Organización Social de Acción Humanitaria. O.S.A.H ESPAÑOLA - they collect then donate the stuff to families who need it or else sell it to raise funds.
Not sure whether they'd cover your area but I'm sure you could find something similar.

Edited to add: O.S.A.H ESPAÑOLA cuenta con Delegados en Málaga, Sevilla, Cadiz, Almería, Madrid, Cuenca y Barcelona y a nivel internacional en Republica Dominicana, Perú, Costa Rica, Bolivia y Republica Democrática del Congo.