British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The United Nations. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/united-nations-715188/)

HBG May 1st 2011 9:27 am

The United Nations.
 
There can't be a higher body in the world than the United Nations; everybody belongs to it and obeys its laws (resolutions).

Today they killed Gaddafi's youngest son and three grandchildren, in their home in Tripoli.

If you don't think that was right, there's no one to complain to, is there? There's no one higher than the UN.

Dick Dasterdly May 1st 2011 10:02 am

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9335802)
There can't be a higher body in the world than the United Nations; everybody belongs to it and obeys its laws (resolutions).

Today they killed Gaddafi's youngest son and three grandchildren, in their home in Tripoli.

If you don't think that was right, there's no one to complain to, is there? There's no one higher than the UN.

I would have thought that God was a lot higher if the bible is to be believed ,.... and definitely nothing like as corrupt.

rugbymatt May 1st 2011 10:07 am

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9335802)
There can't be a higher body in the world than the United Nations; everybody belongs to it and obeys its laws (resolutions).

Today they killed Gaddafi's youngest son and three grandchildren, in their home in Tripoli.

If you don't think that was right, there's no one to complain to, is there? There's no one higher than the UN.

Have they? We are told it has happened, and we are told that Gadaffiduck was there as well, but not a shred of evidence has been given yet... but hey, don't let that stop the handwringing.

Dick Dasterdly May 1st 2011 10:21 am

Re: The United Nations.
 
Latest reports suggest it's another Gaff adi publicity stunt to gain World sympathy, though I wouldn't rule out him having deliberately put them in harms way, being the low down conniving barsteward that he is.
In any event a mere drop in the ocean compared with his own attrocities.

bil May 1st 2011 11:53 am

Re: The United Nations.
 
I think everyone has it pretty well spot on. He deserves everything he gets, as does his family.

I don't remember him crying a single tear over the men, women and children his men have killed.

If he ends up losing his family, he can hardly complain.

Mitzyboy May 1st 2011 2:08 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 9335854)
I would have thought that God was a lot higher if the bible is to be believed ,.... and definitely nothing like as corrupt.

But endlesssly kills people in huge natural disasters and lets his "employees" screw the general public in total freedom as much as they posssibly can whenever possible ....... allegedly :blink::blink:

Dick Dasterdly May 1st 2011 2:13 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9336171)
But endlesssly kills people in huge natural disasters and lets his "employees" screw the general public in total freedom as much as they posssibly can whenever possible ....... allegedly :blink::blink:

Yes, but if you accept that,then you've also got to give him credit for all the many wonderful things in this World.

bil May 1st 2011 2:18 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 9336177)
Yes, but if you accept that,then you've also got to give him credit for all the many wonderful things in this World.

Once again, we come down to asking how many beautiful sunsets it takes to balance an earthquake that kills one person.

The idea of a god interferring is ridiculous.

Here's a mental exercise for people.

You are god for the day. The hawk is chasing the dove, and both are praying to you. If the hawk wins, the dove's chicks will die. If the dove escapes, the Hawk's chicks will die.

So which prayer will you answer?

Mitzyboy May 1st 2011 2:18 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 9336177)
Yes, but if you accept that,then you've also got to give him credit for all the many wonderful things in this World.

Yes .... but I wasnt accepting it :D
Same old question really for another thread I guess .... if He existed, how does someone so supposedly wonderful allow so much sh!t to happen so indiscriminately

bil May 1st 2011 2:44 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9336189)
Yes .... but I wasnt accepting it :D
Same old question really for another thread I guess .... if He existed, how does someone so supposedly wonderful allow so much sh!t to happen so indiscriminately

There is a very simple explanation which covers it all.

Either

a) there is no god.

or

b) he doesn't interfere at all.

Dick Dasterdly May 1st 2011 3:47 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9336189)
Yes .... but I wasnt accepting it :D
Same old question really for another thread I guess .... if He existed, how does someone so supposedly wonderful allow so much sh!t to happen so indiscriminately

I didn't think you were. I was simply playing the Devils advocate,.. or should that be Gods advocate ? :unsure:

HBG May 1st 2011 3:49 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 
If we leave God out of it, the UN is what we've got left. I didn't suppose the world will ever face an external military threat, but there are enough internal ones to be going on with, and natural disasters happen all the time.

All I was saying was – what if they get it wrong? In the newspaper I was reading this morning about the UN and Libya they had an adjoining article about Donald Trump being put forward for the presidency of the US.

The people of the US won't vote for that clown, will they? Will they? The UN voted to bomb Libya and another mighty organisation, NATO, decided to target one man and his family.

It shakes my belief in those large organisations so 'democratically' elected.

Dick Dasterdly May 1st 2011 4:04 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9336298)
If we leave God out of it, the UN is what we've got left. I didn't suppose the world will ever face an external military threat, but there are enough internal ones to be going on with, and natural disasters happen all the time.

All I was saying was – what if they get it wrong? In the newspaper I was reading this morning about the UN and Libya they had an adjoining article about Donald Trump being put forward for the presidency of the US.

The people of the US won't vote for that clown, will they? Will they? The UN voted to bomb Libya and another mighty organisation, NATO, decided to target one man and his family.

It shakes my belief in those large organisations so 'democratically' elected.

I would find it difficult to shed any tears for this particular family in view of the fact that most ppl. believe the World would be a better and safer place without them.
I would say there are many more millions of victims of similar circumstances more deserving of your sympathy.

HBG May 1st 2011 4:23 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 
I don't know that much about Libya, but it was on my list of places to visit in 2001. I had saved up for years for the trip of a lifetime and the research took years too, pleasant years. I threw away the travel plans the day after 9 /11 and we stayed at home.

Tripoli, Jerusalem, Petra, Mecca, they were all on the list, we were going to travel easterly and go right round, the only place we've managed since then has been Las Vegas, and that could have been classed as a business trip.

lynnxa May 1st 2011 4:35 pm

Re: The United Nations.
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9336171)
But endlesssly kills people in huge natural disasters and lets his "employees" screw the general public in total freedom as much as they posssibly can whenever possible ....... allegedly :blink::blink:

you've been talking to my OH.........


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:49 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.