Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

JonInNorway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

Originally Posted by agoreira
I should hope not! Anyone could simply go to Spain for a few months holiday, say you're looking for a job, and the UK picks up the bill! Never sure why people want to leave UK and still expect them to pay. Technically if you're drawing unemployement benefit in UK you should be available for work there, not swanning around the globe.
If people have been working in the UK and paying their National Insurance, I think they have a right to help if they want it more than some people who will never work in the lives in the UK and get social security ad nauseum. There's no demand in the UK for my skills at all which is why I left though I return to the UK as a nett contributor to the economy when I visit my family and do some shopping.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonInNorway
If people have been working in the UK and paying their National Insurance, I think they have a right to help if they want it more than some people who will never work in the lives in the UK and get social security ad nauseum. There's no demand in the UK for my skills at all which is why I left though I return to the UK as a nett contributor to the economy when I visit my family and do some shopping.
Oh, that's different, if you intend to do some shopping!!!!!!!! That should make you eligible for many years to come.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

JonInNorway is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by agoreira
Oh, that's different, if you intend to do some shopping!!!!!!!! That should make you eligible for many years to come.
I don't need this support. I've been working outside of the Uk for years and the Norwegian system would pay me if I was in the UK. If I HAD worked enough in the UK, paid enough contributions and needed support to go somewhere and find work, I think people like that should have access to the support they have paid for. We'll have to agree to disagree.