Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ummmmmmm Paella

Ummmmmmm Paella

Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ummmmmmm Paella

Hi guys,

I tried Paella when I first got here in June....but hated it....was really fishy...eeeeek!

Buton Sunday, we went with friends up to Barx (Valencian region)...in the mountains....soooooo beautiful! Anyway, had the most delicious Paella....only chicken in it.

WOW......my husband loves paella and reckons (along with our friends) that it was the best one here...yet!

Needless to say we are going back soon.....

Just wondered if anyone has made a nice one at home, might try it.....wish I had some Spanish friends....for great tips not just that.....by the way- sounded awful!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ummmmmmm Paella

I make paella loads, you can get all the stuff in the super sol or mercadona. I put in it whats left in the frodge before shop day. It is a good idea to invest in a proper paella pan.

enjoy

love

mary x x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
I make paella loads, you can get all the stuff in the super sol or mercadona. I put in it whats left in the frodge before shop day. enjoy

love

mary x x
Hey, where do we get frodges from, how well do they keep food, and are they cheaper than fridges.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

I make paella loads, you can get all the stuff in the super sol or mercadona. I put in it whats left in the frodge before shop day. It is a good idea to invest in a proper paella pan.

enjoy

love

mary x x
Can I be really cheeky and ask for your recipe?

I'll definitely get a pan on Market day....!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie

What was the name of the place in Barx? We wanted to try a meat paella as although we love fish, we're not so keen on "normal" paella for some reason

Did you enjoy the drive up there :-)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I presume Barx is north of Oliva? How long would it take to drive there?

I had a paella in Gandia with rabbit and snails - didn't eat the snails, too chewy for me, but the shells were very pretty.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I presume Barx is north of Oliva? How long would it take to drive there?

I had a paella in Gandia with rabbit and snails - didn't eat the snails, too chewy for me, but the shells were very pretty.
Hope you didn't shell out too much for it

Its slightly inland from Gandia, nice drive through a national park .... apparantly you can often see eagles up there. Take the Cullera road from Gandia and then take the Barx exit when you see it after about 5 kms
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What was the name of the place in Barx? We wanted to try a meat paella as although we love fish, we're not so keen on "normal" paella for some reason

Did you enjoy the drive up there :-)
It was so lovely, even cloudy it was beautiful ! We couldn't believe we were actually living near somewhere so lovely...can't wait to go there in the summer....there's a pool outside.

Righto, the name of the restaurant was El Romeral.

And Montgomail...it's about 25 mins from Oliva....follow the directions Mitzyboy gave.

And it's having had a paella with snails and rabbit and un recognisable thingys in that put me off until now
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:15 pm
Senior Moment

It was so lovely, even cloudy it was beautiful ! We couldn't believe we were actually living near somewhere so lovely...can't wait to go there in the summer....there's a pool outside.

Righto, the name of the restaurant was El Romeral.

And Montgomail...it's about 25 mins from Oliva....follow the directions Mitzyboy gave.

And it's having had a paella with snails and rabbit and un recognisable thingys in that put me off until now

Thanks - Did you know Mrs E that theres a good restaurant up here on top of Tossal Gros? Lovely patio are and the foods good also. I believe its French owned but a lot of Spanish eat there
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thanks - Did you know Mrs E that theres a good restaurant up here on top of Tossal Gros? Lovely patio are and the foods good also. I believe its French owned but a lot of Spanish eat there
Yeah actually we've seen signs as we have friends that have a Casita near there. we say we'll try it all the time...

But we forget about it....as you do

Do they mind children ? My 2 year old daughter is a handful....and will eventually get bored and want to run around...eeeeeeeek.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:01 pm
Senior Moment

Yeah actually we've seen signs as we have friends that have a Casita near there. we say we'll try it all the time...

But we forget about it....as you do

Do they mind children ? My 2 year old daughter is a handful....and will eventually get bored and want to run around...eeeeeeeek.
Theres a very large enclosed patio area as well as the restaurant, and also a grass area to the side with a pool
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Hey, where do we get frodges from, how well do they keep food, and are they cheaper than fridges.
A Frodge is what you get when you type with your 14mth son on your lap!!!!!! It is exactly the same as a fridge and only available in el puerto santa maria, Fuentebravia to be presise!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will PM when the babes are sleeping and I can write it down properly for you.

love

mary x x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:19 pm
Senior Moment

A Frodge is what you get when you type with your 14mth son on your lap!!!!!! It is exactly the same as a fridge and only available in el puerto santa maria, Fuentebravia to be presise!
Thats the thing you put frood in then .... right?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will PM when the babes are sleeping and I can write it down properly for you.

love

mary x x
Ta hun....you are star....only if you have the time mind.......!! I know what its like.....time flies...when you're clearing up ..ummmm mess and all that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.