Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK tv installers Valencia

UK tv installers Valencia

Old Nov 14th 2022, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK tv installers Valencia

Hi all, Just want to ask if anyone can either recommend or know about any company that can install Uk tv in Valencia province (Alzira) . Not looking for many channels, just mainly the free ones
Also, looking for internet too, looking for some advice on that also
Any advice much appreciated
thanks
Old Nov 14th 2022, 12:09 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK tv installers Valencia

Originally Posted by dave7777
Hi all, Just want to ask if anyone can either recommend or know about any company that can install Uk tv in Valencia province (Alzira) . Not looking for many channels, just mainly the free ones
thanks
If you are allowed to have a satellite dish, then FreeSat is perfect It's free after the initial installation costs and you can get loads of channels.

Contact Jon Worby - The Sat and PC guy
Old Nov 14th 2022, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I access all my TV through the net - no installer is needed except for the ISDN service which should be installed for free. If you have a community property you need permission to install any external dishes etc.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Try the tv guy, who used to be on these pages and i think is in Valencia
Old Nov 28th 2022, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

You can get the UK TV you want and more , plus unlimited internet and free international and national calls for a capital cost of around 70 euros and then around 27 euros a month.

Technically you can do it for 0 capital cost and 25 euros a month but it's fiddly.

Alternatively for just the UK TV stuff given your location, you could install a 1.2 m dish and probably pick up the freesat signal direct. At worse, at least for the moment, you could certainly pick up the satback signal. Neither have no ongoing monthly payments.

I would certainly second the recommendations to use Jon if you go down this route. ( I have never used him but I have used his site many times for over 15 to 20 years to glean info and we have spoken a few times..... I am sure he wont be offended by me classing him as a bit of a tech nerd as this is exactly who you want to use rather than trusting all the scammers and overpriced magic solution providers out there. )

Best
Loco

thanks

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 28th 2022 at 4:37 pm. Reason: Corrected quote
Old Nov 28th 2022, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

HI thanks for the replies. You said I can get uk tv and unlimited internet for 27€ plus set up costs? If you don’t mind me asking how?
thanks again
Old Nov 29th 2022, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

For sure.

It would actually be even less if you lived in a cabled area but you don't so this is the way I suggest you do it.

A. Purchase an LTE/4g or LTE+/4g+ router with external antennas ( A one off cost of between 45 and 80 euros)
B. Insert a truly unlimited data sim. ( No more than 25 euro a month )
C. Purchase a VPN service with UK servers that can be installed on the router or the devices you use . ( A two year deal should cost no more than 2 euros a month ).

BestLoco

Ps In many cases A can be avoided if you have a smart phone that can hotspot, the mobile providers signal is strong enough and you dont want the signal from the phone to be broadcast over a large distance or though thick or multiple walls to the TV/laptop etc.

​​​​

(
HI thanks for the replies. You said I can get uk tv and unlimited internet for 27€ plus set up costs? If you don’t mind me asking how?
thanks again
Old Nov 29th 2022, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

With a decent internet connection you can get TV apps/net services for UK TV. ie Transponder

https://www.transponder.tv/
Old Nov 29th 2022, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Loco, that certainly seems the way to go, I already have Nord VPN, cant seem to find any totally unlimited data plans tho,
Regards
Thanks again
Old Dec 1st 2022, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

All the main operators do but can be hard to find.

Digi is the service I generally recommend. 25 euros includes free international and national calls and tech support is available in English.

Best
Loco

​​​​​​
Thanks Loco, that certainly seems the way to go, I already have Nord VPN, cant seem to find any totally unlimited data plans tho,
Regards
Thanks again
Old Dec 1st 2022, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

An important afterthought:

You mention you already have Nord VPN.

Therefore make sure the router you buy is compatible with Nord VPN at router level ... Many are not...... Nord have a list on their site of which are..... I suggest you avoid the ones they say that require flashing to work.....

Best
Loco

Regards
Thanks again
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

No VPN needed with transponder.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
No VPN needed with transponder.
I did check it out, but as i already have a VPN, seemed little point paying for a subscription when the apps i need are free, just for the unlimited sim now, will go to try and get a digi sim(Spanish still basic) router all sorted,
Old Dec 5th 2022, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Strangely, I tried using my UK Sky mobile sim in my router for the time being, but wouldn't work in the router
Old Dec 6th 2022, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Probably because you didnt set the roaming setting to on on the router. Some 4g/lte routers require this.

Best
Loco

Strangely, I tried using my UK Sky mobile sim in my router for the time being, but wouldn't work in the router

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.