Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

THE UK...SHOVE IT

THE UK...SHOVE IT

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

bil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nice
Default Re: THE UK...SHOVE IT

Having once read a centre spread article in the Mail that assured everyone that cannabis was more dangerous than alcohol and tobacco combined, I view anything that comes out of its pages with intense suspicion.

Someone once wrote that governments love to have a bogeyman to frighten the public into doing what they are told. I see the newspapers, especially the tabloids as providing a wonderful service to that cause.

News of the W combines t*ts and b*ms with the usual hyped up fears.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
The UK needs to wake up fast before the leeches suck its lifeblood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-capital.html
just read that article,absolutely amazing,the uk is just a joke,what ****ing scroungers these people are..bunch of wasters,kick em all out...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Oh dear. We're obviously not going to get back all those hundreds of billions of pounds we've spent propping the banking system up, so let's blame the poor British working class for failing to find work that isn't there. Of course there are always people who try to abuse the system, but let's remember that the vast majority of the working population in Britain are good honest workers who ask only for a chance to work (and often feel bad about reverting to signing on - many try to avoid this as much as possible). Next folk here will be saying we need another 2 million Eastern Europeans to come into the UK, to do the work "British people won't do". Sorry, but this is absolute crap,
</ rant over >
your so right,well said
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

On another recent "topic de celebre" is there only me that couldn't give a toss what HRH Wales Jnr called his mate?
As I saw/heard it it was all in good spirit and seriously wonder why, given all the rest of the shit currently happening, it is even mentioned?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:00 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

If the royal's mystery ginger lived in a council flat, I wouldn't care what he called anyone. As it is, he gets a massive wodge to live in luxury as our alleged relresentative. Call me old fashioned, but Mr Manners would require a smidgin of good manners in return and dressing up as a Nazi and calling coloured people 'sooty' and 'paki' is hardly good manners.

I bet 'Sooty' wouldn't take so kindly to being called that by council house chavs, but since he seems to be/think he is well in with the windsors, I doubt he would complain being so addressed by royal chavs.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I bet 'Sooty' wouldn't take so kindly to being called that by council house chavs, but since he seems to be/think he is well in with the windsors, I doubt he would complain being so addressed by royal chavs.
I will reply to you only because you are talking crap....

I know "Sooty's" son, and when I was introduced to him it was by his son, and it was as Sooty!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:10 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its the North, what do you expect?

Hey cheeky - only just seen this - good job we loves ya loads
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I know "Sooty's" son, and when I was introduced to him it was by his son, and it was as Sooty!
Hmmm. I can just see the average black guy saying 'hey, you can call me sambo'

So were you comfortable with calling him Sooty? Gotta say, I would feel unhappy doing that. Probably because I'm not a Royal and used to seeing the rest of the nation as beneath me.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

If I didn't think you wouldn't want it sold I'd sell this post to the papers!!!

(actually having looked at IB's legal stuff I'm not sure I could.........)
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Hmmm. I can just see the average black guy saying 'hey, you can call me sambo'

So were you comfortable with calling him Sooty? Gotta say, I would feel unhappy doing that. Probably because I'm not a Royal and used to seeing the rest of the nation as beneath me.
He isnt Black, he is a Maharajah who was educated in England and I quote....

"I have to say that you know you have arrived when you acquire a nickname. I enjoy being called Sooty by my friends who I am sure universally use the name as a term of affection with no offence meant or felt. The Prince of Wales is a man of zero prejudice and both his sons have always been most respectful'

Satnam his boy would NEVER have introduced his own father as Sooty if it was offensive!

Lets not make something of nothing here Bill?!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:07 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like alot of money compared to other things.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:42 pm
bil
Banned

He isnt Black, he is a Maharajah who was educated in England and I quote....

"I have to say that you know you have arrived when you acquire a nickname. I enjoy being called Sooty by my friends who I am sure universally use the name as a term of affection with no offence meant or felt. The Prince of Wales is a man of zero prejudice and both his sons have always been most respectful'

Satnam his boy would NEVER have introduced his own father as Sooty if it was offensive!

Lets not make something of nothing here Bill?!
Just expressing an opinion. Mine is that when a term like 'paki' is used for the vast majority of times in a perjorative and offensive way, then to use it as a nickname risks offending a lot of people. For a royal to not realise that even if his 'friend' enjoys being called 'paki', it would be certain to offend a shedload of people, suggests to me that he stupid beyond belief.

Personally I think they are wheeling out Sooty in a desperate attempt to prove that racist expressions are ok as a term of endearment. For me it doesn't wash.

You are entitled to your opinion, I to mine, and my opinion is that at best it is ill mannered.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:45 pm
Straw Man.

Meh...............
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:47 pm
bil
Banned

Baaahhh.