Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Uk scooter to spain

Uk scooter to spain

Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Default Uk scooter to spain

whats the process of bringing a scooter from the UK & then getting it sorted with spanish plates etc. Do i have to have owned it for 6months as per a vehicle, iTV etc
cheers steve
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:02 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk scooter to spain

Yes you will have to have owned it for six months to not pay import duty.

And yes, the process is the same for cars; Modification(s), ITV, Registration.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:18 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve in pago
whats the process of bringing a scooter from the UK & then getting it sorted with spanish plates etc. Do i have to have owned it for 6months as per a vehicle, iTV etc
cheers steve
What scooter you got steve is it a VESPA or a LAMMY
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
What scooter you got steve is it a VESPA or a LAMMY
Neither at moment just thought it seems cheaper to bring one over than buy new or second hand, & i can get a left hand drive one cheap
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve in pago
Neither at moment just thought it seems cheaper to bring one over than buy new or second hand, & i can get a left hand drive one cheap
Left hand drive scooters, now theres a thought !!!!
May as well buy one here Steve, the usual ones you see the kids buzzing around on are as cheap as chips, unless you particularly want that something a bit special, Theres a big shop next to La Union by the blue bridge that does loads, but to be a real trendsetter you have to get a quad. You must remember that if you want to ride a scooter here though, you must first learn to completely flout the rules of the road, respect no-one and have surgery to remove the part of the brain that co-ordinates hand/eye movement
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
May as well buy one here Steve, the usual ones you see the kids buzzing around on are as cheap as chips, unless you particularly want that something a bit special, Theres a big shop next to La Union by the blue bridge that does loads, but to be a real trendsetter you have to get a quad. You must remember that if you want to ride a scooter here though, you must first learn to completely flout the rules of the road, respect no-one and have surgery to remove the part of the brain that co-ordinates hand/eye movement
Nice one Ben yes i have all off the above,yeah no the shop been down there a few times had a look around, went to the yam shop in pago industrial & there was a gorgeous matt black quad in there i was dragged out with i dont think so.
I just thought looking around that they seemed quite dear must be me will have to have another look next time am over. So how was the flight back then
theres a guy in pago that has one of them quad type vehicles with the seat & roll cage now that was cool again i got the you can look but dont even think about it, we need to get the electricity sorted befor you eventhink about one

Last edited by steve in pago; Sep 29th 2006 at 8:49 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

They even sell them in Carrefour, quads as well.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 6:07 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Hi Ben
What you doing over here is MYCADIZ.BIZ a bit quiet at mo or have you been kicked off
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
Hi Ben
What you doing over here is MYCADIZ.BIZ a bit quiet at mo or have you been kicked off
I like to keep my hand in on both sites when I can Jim. As I always say, advice is free, but anything else you have to pay for
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

I like to keep my hand in on both sites when I can Jim. As I always say, advice is free, but anything else you have to pay for
its better when you stay on the other site

Last edited by paddy07; Oct 1st 2006 at 9:02 pm.