British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Uk scooter to spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/uk-scooter-spain-399372/)

steve in pago Sep 29th 2006 2:06 pm

Uk scooter to spain

whats the process of bringing a scooter from the UK & then getting it sorted with spanish plates etc. Do i have to have owned it for 6months as per a vehicle, iTV etc
cheers steve

zel Sep 29th 2006 5:02 pm

Re: Uk scooter to spain

Yes you will have to have owned it for six months to not pay import duty.

And yes, the process is the same for cars; Modification(s), ITV, Registration.

BIG JIM Sep 29th 2006 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by steve in pago
whats the process of bringing a scooter from the UK & then getting it sorted with spanish plates etc. Do i have to have owned it for 6months as per a vehicle, iTV etc
cheers steve

What scooter you got steve is it a VESPA or a LAMMY :D

steve in pago Sep 29th 2006 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
What scooter you got steve is it a VESPA or a LAMMY :D

Neither at moment just thought it seems cheaper to bring one over than buy new or second hand, & i can get a left hand drive one cheap :D

CDL Ben Sep 29th 2006 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by steve in pago
Neither at moment just thought it seems cheaper to bring one over than buy new or second hand, & i can get a left hand drive one cheap :D

Left hand drive scooters, now theres a thought !!!!
May as well buy one here Steve, the usual ones you see the kids buzzing around on are as cheap as chips, unless you particularly want that something a bit special, Theres a big shop next to La Union by the blue bridge that does loads, but to be a real trendsetter you have to get a quad. You must remember that if you want to ride a scooter here though, you must first learn to completely flout the rules of the road, respect no-one and have surgery to remove the part of the brain that co-ordinates hand/eye movement :rolleyes:

steve in pago Sep 29th 2006 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
May as well buy one here Steve, the usual ones you see the kids buzzing around on are as cheap as chips, unless you particularly want that something a bit special, Theres a big shop next to La Union by the blue bridge that does loads, but to be a real trendsetter you have to get a quad. You must remember that if you want to ride a scooter here though, you must first learn to completely flout the rules of the road, respect no-one and have surgery to remove the part of the brain that co-ordinates hand/eye movement :rolleyes:

Nice one Ben yes i have all off the above,yeah no the shop been down there a few times had a look around, went to the yam shop in pago industrial & there was a gorgeous matt black quad in there i was dragged out with i dont think so.
I just thought looking around that they seemed quite dear must be me will have to have another look next time am over. So how was the flight back then :beer:
theres a guy in pago that has one of them quad type vehicles with the seat & roll cage now that was cool again i got the you can look but dont even think about it, we need to get the electricity sorted befor you eventhink about one :(

mikelincs Sep 30th 2006 9:55 am

They even sell them in Carrefour, quads as well.

BIG JIM Sep 30th 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Ben
What you doing over here is MYCADIZ.BIZ a bit quiet at mo or have you been kicked off :beer:

CDL Ben Oct 1st 2006 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
Hi Ben
What you doing over here is MYCADIZ.BIZ a bit quiet at mo or have you been kicked off :beer:

I like to keep my hand in on both sites when I can Jim. As I always say, advice is free, but anything else you have to pay for :D

paddy07 Oct 1st 2006 7:28 pm

I like to keep my hand in on both sites when I can Jim. As I always say, advice is free, but anything else you have to pay for :D

its better when you stay on the other site :beer: