Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

uk passport renewal

uk passport renewal

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk passport renewal

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
SueG will know more, but yes theres a payment form
If I were you I would download the photograph stipulation page off the site in Spanish and take it to a proper photographer rather than a booth or a quick snap shop. Ive done both of these things and its a waste of time as I ended up with another courier fee
I did mine in a quicksnap shop in Miramar for the grand total of 3€`s for 4 photos, no problem at all, but tell them they are for a UK passport. ;-))
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digdug
hi all,
has anyone recently applied for a uk passport renewal from spain?
is the only option to send of for it in madrid? i had a look on the passport website, and have contacted them, but no doubt it will take ages for them to reply. just wondering if its possible to apply through a consulate or somewhere, so as, for example, i could fire down to alicante to get mine.

DD
my OH just renewed his by sending it to Madrid - I believe that is now the only way - it took just under 2 weeks from sending it on a Tuesday to receiving the new one on Monday this week
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Be careful if you apply and make out you are in the UK because it is fraud, you have to apply through Madrid if you live here.
If you are non UK resident and you wish to renew it in the UK you can, it's just that, in theory you must visit the passport office give a UK address where you can receive it.

If you wish to visit the passport office and do the "while you wait" service, you can but it then starts to cost almost as much as doing it via Madrid.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I did mine in a quicksnap shop in Miramar for the grand total of 3€`s for 4 photos, no problem at all, but tell them they are for a UK passport. ;-))
I did. But the face was too big in the photo and even though I told them, they said no no no it will be OK
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:10 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

hi there my farther has just renewed his pass port it worked out cheaper for him to fly to england go to peterbough passport office wait 2hrs and walk out with new one there and then flew back to almeria all done in one day.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you are non UK resident and you wish to renew it in the UK you can, it's just that, in theory you must visit the passport office give a UK address where you can receive it.

If you wish to visit the passport office and do the "while you wait" service, you can but it then starts to cost almost as much as doing it via Madrid.
That is what I meant, if you are actually not in the country then you are fraudently applying for a passport.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:27 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

please explain he did nothing wrong .
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by helenba
please explain he did nothing wrong .
Like we said, he did nothing wrong as he applied for it in the UK in person.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

ok, looks like i'm gonna have to send it to madrid.
can someone clear up a few queries please? (website isnt too clear)

1 documents to send - as i'm renewing an existing passport, is it correct that i only need to send passport, form c1, payment details and 2 photos.
i sooo hope this is correct, as i have no idea where my birth certificate is....

2 photos - the size i know, but are the photos the once that take up the whole canvas ie no border around them?

3 the only payment option (unless you collect, which aint gonna happen) is by visa or mastercard? (bugger thats going to be fun)

thanks
dd
Right here goes, LOL

1. Yes

2. Make sure the photos are correct size otherwise they will return and you will incur additional courier fee. Most of our clients go into the local photographer - make sure they know they are for a British passport but I send the clients also with the photo page from the internet.

3. Yes only cards accepted - unless you come to me and pay cash and then I use the bosses!!!!!!!!

P.S. Don´t forget you need the photos countersigned as well
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SueG
Right here goes, LOL

1. Yes

2. Make sure the photos are correct size otherwise they will return and you will incur additional courier fee. Most of our clients go into the local photographer - make sure they know they are for a British passport but I send the clients also with the photo page from the internet.

3. Yes only cards accepted - unless you come to me and pay cash and then I use the bosses!!!!!!!!

P.S. Don´t forget you need the photos countersigned as well
thanks all - to recap, i know the actual size of the photos, and the local photograph shop does them, but are they the ones without the border?
cant remember which type we got before.....
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Sorry just caught up on the replies. Yes my daughter is 5 and this is her first renewal.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram
Sorry just caught up on the replies. Yes my daughter is 5 and this is her first renewal.
Just thought, the kids maybe cheaper cos they don`t charge them the repatriation levy, but over the ten years like an adult passport they pay more.
It seems such a rip off compared to a Spanish PP.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I renewed mine via the UKPA by post in November by using the address of a property I own in the UK but I haven't set foot inside the country for about fourteen years. However, I believe that there is a now a condition on the application form that you must be available for interview if required.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I renewed mine via the UKPA by post in November by using the address of a property I own in the UK but I haven't set foot inside the country for about fourteen years. However, I believe that there is a now a condition on the application form that you must be available for interview if required.
It has always said if you live abroad it has to be done through the Consulate or Embassy unless you apply in person in the UK embassy whilst you are there.
You naughty boy.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all - to recap, i know the actual size of the photos, and the local photograph shop does them, but are they the ones without the border?
cant remember which type we got before.....
I can´t remember at the moment - have a look at the instructions on the Madrid Embassy site - it does tell you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.