Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

uk passport renewal

uk passport renewal

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of
Default uk passport renewal

hi all,
has anyone recently applied for a uk passport renewal from spain?
is the only option to send of for it in madrid? i had a look on the passport website, and have contacted them, but no doubt it will take ages for them to reply. just wondering if its possible to apply through a consulate or somewhere, so as, for example, i could fire down to alicante to get mine.

DD
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk passport renewal

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
hi all,
is the only option to send of for it in madrid? i had a look on the passport website, and have contacted them, but no doubt it will take ages for them to reply. just wondering if its possible to apply through a consulate or somewhere, so as, for example, i could fire down to alicante to get mine.

DD
Someone did tell me that you could go to Alicante, but I think that all they will do is receive it and send it to Madrid

We had to renew both of ours over the last year, and they have been quite efficient at Madrid. Make sure you get your photos spot on though, as they will send them back if they are not absolutely correct. Its bloody expensive as well!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

DD
when I did my sons I think it worked out cheaper to send it back to uk, so posted it to family with photos and they did it for us and posted it back
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain View Post
when I did my sons I think it worked out cheaper to send it back to uk, so posted it to family with photos and they did it for us and posted it back
Yes it will be for sure. You're not supposed to if you are not a UK resident, but I doubt they would be able to tell
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
Yes it will be for sure. You're not supposed to if you are not a UK resident, but I doubt they would be able to tell
no, I think you are right, youre not suppoed to but the biggest probem we had was getting photos the correct size as the booths we went to in Spain gave the wrong sizes...in the end we went to a shop in Gandia (3rd time lucky)
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish ID photos sizes are different to UK, you just need to tell them it`s for a UK passport.
Be careful if you apply and make out you are in the UK because it is fraud, you have to apply through Madrid if you live here.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:27 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain View Post
no, I think you are right, youre not suppoed to but the biggest probem we had was getting photos the correct size as the booths we went to in Spain gave the wrong sizes...in the end we went to a shop in Gandia (3rd time lucky)
Heh heh. We went to a shop in the UK which did passport pics and they were wrong. Then we went to a shop in Gandia in the pedestrian area that did the same and they were wrong. We eventually went to a photographer
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Just renewed my daughters passport through Madrid, 109 euros for passport and courier service and it took three weeks from sending it to receiving it back.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram View Post
Just renewed my daughters passport through Madrid, 109 euros for passport and courier service and it took three weeks from sending it to receiving it back.
How was it so cheap ?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have just done one here in the office for a client and today it is €145 plus €16 courier fee. Usually back in two to three weeks.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram View Post
Is this just for a childs 5 year passport, as the adult 10 year passports are in the region of €150 plus the €16 DHL return fee?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:14 pm
Senior Moment

He did say it was for his daughter, so presume cheaper
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

That´s right - under 16 - €92 plus courier fee
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

ok, looks like i'm gonna have to send it to madrid.
can someone clear up a few queries please? (website isnt too clear)

1 documents to send - as i'm renewing an existing passport, is it correct that i only need to send passport, form c1, payment details and 2 photos.
i sooo hope this is correct, as i have no idea where my birth certificate is....

2 photos - the size i know, but are the photos the once that take up the whole canvas ie no border around them?

3 the only payment option (unless you collect, which aint gonna happen) is by visa or mastercard? (bugger thats going to be fun)

thanks
dd
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:33 pm
Senior Moment

ok, looks like i'm gonna have to send it to madrid.
can someone clear up a few queries please? (website isnt too clear)

1 documents to send - as i'm renewing an existing passport, is it correct that i only need to send passport, form c1, payment details and 2 photos.
i sooo hope this is correct, as i have no idea where my birth certificate is....

2 photos - the size i know, but are the photos the once that take up the whole canvas ie no border around them?

3 the only payment option (unless you collect, which aint gonna happen) is by visa or mastercard? (bugger thats going to be fun)

thanks
dd
SueG will know more, but yes theres a payment form
If I were you I would download the photograph stipulation page off the site in Spanish and take it to a proper photographer rather than a booth or a quick snap shop. Ive done both of these things and its a waste of time as I ended up with another courier fee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.