Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK electrical goods in Spain

UK electrical goods in Spain

Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

hollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to allhollos is a name known to all
Default UK electrical goods in Spain

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if my washing machine etc. will work in spain or should |I just buy new?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK electrical goods in Spain

Originally Posted by hollos
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if my washing machine etc. will work in spain or should |I just buy new?
It will work, but is it worth paying to transport it ?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

spanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nicespanishgirl is just really nice
Smile Re: UK electrical goods in Spain

Hi

We moved to Guardamar in June, and as we paid for a lorry to transport us, we could bring what we wanted. We packed all our stuff ourselves, and decided to bring lots of our things.

Our TV, Video and DVD all play fine out here. We also brought our coffee maker, toaster, iron, indeed most of our small electrical items. We made sure we had Spanish adaptors for these things until we had time to change the plugs.

Of course it depends on how you transport your things from the UK, but we negotiated with a self employed hauliage person who quoted us for a complete lorry, so it cost us the same whether we brought 3 boxes or 90!

It worked out very well for us, the lorry departed on the Sunday evening, and we were reunited with our goods near Guardamar on the Wednesday morning. The only thing damaged was a cheap picture frame.

I would recommend people to bring what they have in the UK that is in very good condition, depending of course on the cost of transporting it to Spain.

It was quite hard work packing all the boxes up in the UK, but it only cost us £2,500 to bring the contents of a 3 bed detached house. Neighbours in Spain paid over £4,000 for a similar amount with a well known company, although the company did pack and unpack for them. I reckon that it was worth the work to save £1,500.

We are now busy settling in, buying plants etc for the garden and enjoying the lovely Spanish climate.

Good luck to you in your move
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hollos
Hi,
Another option is to buy a van and sell it when you get here, or hire a van and sell that when you get here !! bepends what floats your boat as they say
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a UK washing machine in Spain for 18 months with no problems. I have heard people say that the boards blow after a while bacause of the slightly different voltages but we had no problem. Some older TV's will have a problem with sound on spanish terrestial TV

Other than that our UK stuff has all worked fine
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:43 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We had a UK washing machine in Spain for 18 months with no problems. I have heard people say that the boards blow after a while bacause of the slightly different voltages but we had no problem. Some older TV's will have a problem with sound on spanish terrestial TV

Other than that our UK stuff has all worked fine
as long as all your electrical stuff is newish you should have no problems
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
as long as all your electrical stuff is newish you should have no problems
be careful what you bring some times best just to get all new here
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

On this subject I've heard conflicting reports as to UK tv's etc working in Spain.As ours is now 5 years old, I plan to get a new plasma/lcd tv soon, and wonder if it will work over there. How are prices in Spain? You can now get a large screen decent brand name for well under £1000 in the UK.
Any info appreciated.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hrothgar
On this subject I've heard conflicting reports as to UK tv's etc working in Spain.As ours is now 5 years old, I plan to get a new plasma/lcd tv soon, and wonder if it will work over there. How are prices in Spain? You can now get a large screen decent brand name for well under £1000 in the UK.
Any info appreciated.
Carrafour were doing 42in Plasma 1200€ a while ago. Most modern tv`s will work here on terrestrial and definitely on Sky
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

thats a good deal for the tv is the ofertera still on in carrefour that would look great in my house my mate has a good tv this would be better thou
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:53 pm
RIP

Originally Posted by paddy07
thats a good deal for the tv is the ofertera still on in carrefour that would look great in my house my mate has a good tv this would be better thou
you don't have any money for posh tellys
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: UK electrical goods in Spain

and how would you know im loaded
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by paddy07
I dont know I haven`t been there since I got mine
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jdr
Carrafour were doing 42in Plasma 1200€ a while ago. Most modern tv`s will work here on terrestrial and definitely on Sky
Thanks. How about DVD recorders as I've just bought a new one?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by hrothgar
Thanks. How about DVD recorders as I've just bought a new one?
That will be OK as they work all over Europe, I think France has Secam system though instead of pal,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.