Uk cars

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk cars

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Of course.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...L0182-20130701

Article 3
​​​​​​
Which 'government sites' are you referring to?

One additional point: if you leave the UK intending to take up residency elsewhere then you effectively invalidate any UK insurance you have for the vehicle.

​​​​​You don't have to take my word for that, you can phone your insurer and ask them.

This is probably a moot point considering that the UK will leave the EU at the end of the year. However, If you remain non-resident then your car can remain in the EU as long as it's street legal in country of registration (as long as this country is within EU). Unfortunately, as a non resident, you cannot remain longer than 90 days. Again, this is now obsolete advice but see...https://lifestylegroup.es/how-long-c...-car-in-spain/

You can still insure your UK registered car in Spain. (Liberty seguros, linea directa) and your car will be on the UK MiD. This will probably change after 31st December 2020.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 12:37 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You can obtain an offer to buy any UK car here > https://www.wewillbuyanycar.es/

They will offer you a low ball price and sell to the trade just like > https://www.webuyanycar.com/

Old Sep 13th 2020, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

I left our UK Reg car behind for my son to sell and purchased here in Spain (in March but had to wait till we arrived in August) so it sat on the dealers lot.

​​​​​​Having driven RHD cars all over Europe when a service engineer. I can tell you that at some point you will drive off on the wrong side of the road.

I spent 3 months last year continuously in Europe driving to jobs in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and finally down to Barcelona and during that time I reckoned I merrily drove away from the hotels on the uk side of the road at least 8 times (although very early in the morning) with nothing around you sometimes you just switch to auto.
​​​​​
Second hand cars are more expensive here in Spain but usually are in better condition.
I have a 2007 Citreon C4 and it was about twice the price as in the uk. But much lower km and no rust (although Citreon are more popular here than the uk anyway)

If you are planning on staying here permanently I would say don't bring a RHD.