Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK CAR, UK INSURANCE MORE THAN 60 DAYS

UK CAR, UK INSURANCE MORE THAN 60 DAYS

Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:25 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default UK CAR, UK INSURANCE MORE THAN 60 DAYS

Sorry to bore you all with yet another UK car insurance question!
But does anyone know a UK car insurance company that will insure your UK car for use in europe for a period in excess of 60 days?
My circumstances are, that due to the hire charges, it may be cheaper to drive my own car to Spain, leave it there for a period of 6 months, returning to the UK, and then Spain various times (by flying). Before the expiration of the 6 months, I would return the car to the UK.
I am a UK resident. The car would be taxed and MOT'd correctly.
Thanks
Lic
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK CAR, UK INSURANCE MORE THAN 60 DAYS

Try Saga http://www.saga.co.uk/insurance/car-insurance/

They offer comprehensive cover when driving in the EU with no limit on the number or duration of trips
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

There is an EU directive that requires all car insurance sold by EU companies to include minimum cover in all other EU states. The problem arises if you have fully comp insurance, it reduces to third party if you're out of the UK for longer than the policy allows. The SAGA policy is much better in that respect as you will always be fully comp.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:22 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

Thanks for the replies.
I managed to get the required cover with www.ecarinsurance.co.uk
But I will remember Saga for next year.
Thanks again.