Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK car or Spanish car??

UK car or Spanish car??

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Lmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK car or Spanish car??

Originally Posted by bobd22
My two penneth is yes better to have LHD as that fits in with the road system. However for many years I drove RHD in Germany without major issues and have done so in Spain when on long visits with my UK car. Biggest disadvantages to take into account are yes ticket machines , parking visiting airport etc. Depending where you live it can be problematic driving up mountain roads as every bend is a blind bend. But main roads either drive at pace of other road users or if you must overtake drop back a little first to give you a view of road in front. RHD will have far less value in Spain in case you part ex or sell. So as I said at begging not ideal but can be done really down to you .

i actually think having rhd is a benefit on narrow mountain roads where I live because you are right on the edge and not in the middle of the road, so can judge the road better. Of course parking machines can be a problem, but my wife does that on “her side”.
Value wise I don’t intend selling it, and saved 6000€ euros, so I’m more than happy.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK car or Spanish car??

I would agree with you when going down but coming back up majority of our bends tend to sharply to the right meaming you need to take care given speed the locals drive and no hope of seeing round the corner. I suppose it depends on the bends and width of the actual road.