Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK Car in Spain...worth bring it over ?

UK Car in Spain...worth bring it over ?

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 4:25 am
Banned

Bobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: UK Car in Spain...worth bring it over ?

Originally Posted by Unexpat
That would be the V5 document that you fill in and send them to tell them you've exported it, I would imagine. Maybe they send something back to confirm.

I was also told that I had to go to the Consul to get the "baja" (of UK residency), at which point I decided to leave the process for a few months - until I can find more reasons to take a trip to Alicante. I have to say that the need for this additional paperwork surprised me as I don't know what else it would be needed for. I figure one could just wait until one has proof of residency (assuming car is UK legal until then, which mine will be).
Hi,
If you bring a car across your car can stay here all the time but if do not have Residencia you can only stay 6 Months.
If you use a Gestor you do not do much you need to give a Fingerprint but apart from that, your Gestor does everything you, they will arrange for the First Test at ITV Centre.
Hope this helps you
Ron
Another warm one 36 Today
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bobbydog
Hi,
If you bring a car across your car can stay here all the time but if do not have Residencia you can only stay 6 Months.
If you use a Gestor you do not do much you need to give a Fingerprint but apart from that, your Gestor does everything you, they will arrange for the First Test at ITV Centre.
Hope this helps you
Ron
Another warm one 36 Today
Hi. I have the ITV and the ficha tecnica. Like I said it was one step of paperwork too many for the time being. I'll get around to it eventually.

As an EU citizen, "Residencia" is automatic once you arrive with the intention of staying. I have been here around 4 months and the banks, my employer, social security and hacienda all consider me resident. Not actually needed a tarjeta de residencia yet. NIE and passport seem to be fine for everything, so far.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:39 pm
Banned

Bobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the roughBobbydog is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Unexpat
Hi. I have the ITV and the ficha tecnica. Like I said it was one step of paperwork too many for the time being. I'll get around to it eventually.

As an EU citizen, "Residencia" is automatic once you arrive with the intention of staying. I have been here around 4 months and the banks, my employer, social security and hacienda all consider me resident. Not actually needed a tarjeta de residencia yet. NIE and passport seem to be fine for everything, so far.
Recidencia is not Automatic you have to apply for it your Bank might take it for granted to have Residencia but yiou have to apply because they need your Fingerprint.
Ron
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

torie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobbydog
Recidencia is not Automatic you have to apply for it your Bank might take it for granted to have Residencia but yiou have to apply because they need your Fingerprint.
Ron

This is a funny area as far as I know. As an EU national, it is no longer necessary to apply for Residencia. ( http://www.andalucia.com/living/residency.htm )
"According to the ROYAL DECREE 178/2003 14/02/03 as published in the B.O.E. No 46 of 22/02/03"

I printed that out, in Spanish, from the government website as it's one of those things that, as it only came into law in 2003, many people will argue with you about. If you are retired, you still need to apply, however, if you are self employed or employed, you don't - according to this new decree.

Don't confused Residencia with the NIE though. Two seperate things entirely.

torie
http://www.whangdoodleland.com
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by torie
This is a funny area as far as I know. As an EU national, it is no longer necessary to apply for Residencia. ( http://www.andalucia.com/living/residency.htm )
"According to the ROYAL DECREE 178/2003 14/02/03 as published in the B.O.E. No 46 of 22/02/03"

I printed that out, in Spanish, from the government website as it's one of those things that, as it only came into law in 2003, many people will argue with you about. If you are retired, you still need to apply, however, if you are self employed or employed, you don't - according to this new decree.

Don't confused Residencia with the NIE though. Two seperate things entirely.

torie
http://www.whangdoodleland.com
Sorry i took it that you were like me retired yes that is where the law differs
Cheers
Ron