Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK car advice please. Our UK registered car is declared as SORN and is in Spain.

UK car advice please. Our UK registered car is declared as SORN and is in Spain.

Old Nov 6th 2018, 4:59 am
Just Joined

RossyUK39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: UK car advice please. Our UK registered car is declared as SORN and is in Sp

Originally Posted by AllanB
We way up the risks in life. I drove on Autoroutes the whole way and haven't had an accident in 20 years. I drive at a steady inconspicuous speed in a roadworthy looking vehcle, with no tax disc and with my insurance document to hand. I doubt very much whether the ANPR cameras would pick up my MOT status, they don't in the UK on foreign vehcles. Before leaving I had everything checked, faults recified and it sailed the MOT, plus I always carry all the shit they demand in France.

Transporting my vehicle back to the UK would have cost £thousands, so the extremely low risk was worth it.

The vehicle is kep down here, but ext year when I go back I will be fully legal..

The Corsa I have here too has a SORN on it and is kept in my driveway, so is perfectly legal and if I manage to sell it to a Brit he can get tax and insurance online and drive it back legally.

***** It would depend on the "alarm" status of the ANPR system.
Using in car terminals or PC based terminals one can "radio button" which headings are alarmed, on operations generally everything is activated, therefore any "hit" the vehicle is stopped however, for "normal day to day" running about, Police National Computer (PNC), Insurance, MOT and local "crime" would be active, Vehicle Excise Licence (VEL) might be turned off but it would depend on Force SOP's ***** .
Hope that helps :-)

Rossy