Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK Benefit Fraud - New Spanish Hotline

UK Benefit Fraud - New Spanish Hotline

Old Sep 28th 2008, 2:37 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Benefit Fraud - New Spanish Hotline

Originally Posted by montgomail
I doubt many people publicise to the authorities that they have paid cash in order to get a job done on the cheap. The payment may be legal, but you are assisting tax avoidance in order to pay out less which, in my book, is double standards.

I think that is the whole point of this thread: double standards. It is not about comparing the level and seriousness of crime.
The whole of this thread is about benefit fraud. I was asked if I had ever paid anyone on the side. We are not talking about double standards, we were talking about theft
When I admitted that I had paid for a job or two,the poster said I was just a guilty (of theft)as the person committing the fraud (working and claiming income support or avoiding tax).
He said I was guilty of theft because theft is theft is theft, to quote him,
I was only asking if anyone could find a sentence where a person has been convicted for paying a person on benefit to do a job on the side, like painting their house.
And where is it recorded that the offence is the same and carries the same punishment as the person receiving the payment or not declaring the monies paid to them.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
The whole of this thread is about benefit fraud. I was asked if I had ever paid anyone on the side. We are not talking about double standards, we were talking about theft
When I admitted that I had paid for a job or two,the poster said I was just a guilty (of theft)as the person committing the fraud (working and claiming income support or avoiding tax).
He said I was guilty of theft because theft is theft is theft, to quote him,
I was only asking if anyone could find a sentence where a person has been convicted for paying a person on benefit to do a job on the side, like painting their house.
And where is it recorded that the offence is the same and carries the same punishment as the person receiving the payment or not declaring the monies paid to them.
I think we all agree that benefit fraud is wrong and counter-productive, and costs us all via taxes.

I agree with the poster who said you are as guilty as the person committing fraud because you are aiding and abetting the crime. The fraudster could not have committed benefit fraud if you had not paid him.

Not sure of legalities, but I am talking about the morality of decrying fraud while, at the same time, making a financial gain.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a friend in the 'biz' sent me this.

Penalties: Statutory Conspiracy. Criminal Law Act 1977

Statutory conspiracy is triable only on indictment. A person convicted under section 1 is liable to a sentence of imprisonment for a term not exceeding the maximum provided for the offence that he has conspired to commit.

http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/site/crimi...ce/statact.htm

So, it is a crime, and were someone to grass you for paying someone to do work on the black, you might find yourself in more trouble than you think.

I think you are quite right that people who grass are unlikely to get penalised. Teacher loves a sneak, even if the rest of us despise them.

As Montgomail points out, this was about the morality involved. Most of us would look at someone like you, twitching the curtains and desperate to grass up someone to boost their self worth, and see a hypocrite, someone worthy of contempt.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, a friend in the 'biz' sent me this.

Penalties: Statutory Conspiracy. Criminal Law Act 1977

Statutory conspiracy is triable only on indictment. A person convicted under section 1 is liable to a sentence of imprisonment for a term not exceeding the maximum provided for the offence that he has conspired to commit.

http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/site/crimi...ce/statact.htm

So, it is a crime, and were someone to grass you for paying someone to do work on the black, you might find yourself in more trouble than you think.

I think you are quite right that people who grass are unlikely to get penalised. Teacher loves a sneak, even if the rest of us despise them.

As Montgomail points out, this was about the morality involved. Most of us would look at someone like you, twitching the curtains and desperate to grass up someone to boost their self worth, and see a hypocrite, someone worthy of contempt.
Why the link to copyright theft? That has nothing to do with benefit fraud, surely?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Why the link to copyright theft? That has nothing to do with benefit fraud, surely?
That's where the reference was. No connection intended.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:44 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bil;6825485]

Dear god, I didn't realise people this thick were capable of accessing the internet.

Want to switch the old brain on next time?

Benefit fraudsters steal from the government.
People who do black money work steal from the government.
People who pay for black money work steal from the government.

So what's the difference? Or is it that you are an ignorant hypocrite who sees it as acceptable to steal from/conspire to help someone steal from the Spanish government, but comes over all pious when someone steals from the UK government?

As for comparing GG with the little old lady? This is so deeply ignorant that I laughed out loud!

The one is a premeditated, violent criminal act, knowingly commmited. A major sin of comission, if you like.

The other is an accidental taking of a small item. There was no intent to rob, and if genuine it would not be considered a crime.

You on the other hand are a criminal in that you knowingly defrauded/conspired to defraud the government of revenue.
A link related to copyright.
Is that the best you can do.
Where is the precedent that shows that a householder was sentenced by a court of law, for paying a workman a few quit on the side.

If you show me what I am asking for, I will concede that I am a theif, as you have already called me.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:58 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

IM selling long range binoculars.some with night vission.I think I could make a killing selling them to most of the ex pats.
I dont know if Im being paranoid.I just popped out and sold some to some ex pats.and I swear but Im not sure.I was being followed home by an ex pat with a walki talki in his hand

Last edited by betris; Sep 28th 2008 at 5:03 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:15 pm
bil
Banned

Watch out everyone, Whispering Grass is back.

[QUOTE=me me;6827607]
Originally Posted by bil
A link related to copyright.
Is that the best you can do.
Where is the precedent that shows that a householder was sentenced by a court of law, for paying a workman a few quit on the side.

If you show me what I am asking for, I will concede that I am a theif, as you have already called me.
Did I say you are a thief? I'm pretty sure that I said that in conspiring to commit fraud, you were as bad as those that commit it. I'm pretty sure that the accusation ofb being a theif comes from your own guilty conscience, but I'm sure you can clarify that.

You are the one after all that turned it onto proof of criminal convictions in an attempt to muddy the water.

My original question, which you have carefully avoided, still stands.

What's the difference between defrauding the Spanish government and defrauding the K governmet?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:26 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bil;6827661]Watch out everyone, Whispering Grass is back.

Did I say you are a thief? I'm pretty sure that I said that in conspiring to commit fraud, you were as bad as those that commit it. I'm pretty sure that the accusation ofb being a theif comes from your own guilty conscience, but I'm sure you can clarify that.

You are the one after all that turned it onto proof of criminal convictions in an attempt to muddy the water.

What's the difference between defrauding the Spanish government and defrauding the K governmet?
The only difference I can see is. One is euos and the other pounds
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:31 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=bil;6827661]Watch out everyone, Whispering Grass is back.

Yes you did say I am a theif read below
You said I was a criminal and the crime you accused me of is theft.

So what's the difference? Or is it that you are an ignorant hypocrite who sees it as acceptable to steal from/conspire to help someone steal from the Spanish government, but comes over all pious when someone steals from the UK government?

on the other hand are a criminal in that you knowingly defrauded/conspired to defraud the government of revenue
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please just discuss this without starting World War III
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:47 pm
bil
Banned

Quite right Mitz. There's something inherently distasteful in a grass coming over all moralistic.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Quite right Mitz. There's something inherently distasteful in a grass coming over all moralistic.
"Sigh"
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can we please just discuss this without starting World War III
I gave a general opinion about benefit cheats and as you can see I was personally attacked by bil on this forum in post 92. I was called a criminal
Also see the above post
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:51 pm
Senior Moment

I gave a general opinion about benefit cheats and as you can see I was personally attacked by bil on this forum in post 92. I was called a criminal
Also see the above post
My comment was general, not aimed specifically at you, otherwise I would have quoted you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.