Uk bank cheque

Old Feb 4th 2023, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk bank cheque

Originally Posted by lonsper
Hey tebo53,

By the way, if I understood correctly the HMRC tax technician I talked over the phone, HMRC won't send a tax rebate by a bank transfer unless that person was doing previously self assessments (I think because they were previously self-employed). People that are filling a P85 and were working for a company, there is no way to get a bank transfer. (I have asked them by phone and online and I had the same reply: just cheque sorry).

Thanks!
This is incorrect. The P85 form along with the fiscal cert from the Spanish tax office applies to everyone, self employed or on PAYE...
It is the only way to get a NT coding.
On the form is a section for you to nominate someone who will receive the cheque (it will be in their name so it better be someone you trust).
My cheque was posted to my son at his Uk address and was in his name.
If you were told different then that was wrong...

The rebate via the P85 will always be a cheque as the department that deals with it is not actually the self assessment dept. I asked both on the phone and via message from my Gateway account as I was both fully and self employed before we moved here.
I did my P85 in October 2022 so its current..

You can of course send it to your bank and why would they be concerned about a large cheque from HMRC??
Old Feb 4th 2023, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
When you apply for tax rebate and zero coding under double taxation relief, you can specify you wish to have a nominee in UK to whom your cheque, made out in nominee's name, is sent. I have nominated a family member who is quite happy to pay into their account, and once cleared, transfer the amount into my UK account. No charges.
Definitely not that option 8 years ago......
It's time HMRC got up to date and be able to do a direct bank transfer.

Steve
Old Feb 5th 2023, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Cheques are still the best way to send money to the younger generation - particularly if they are unsigned. It seems the only way to get an acknowledgement that they were sent. Did you know you didn’t sign that cheque XXXXX. - oh you did receive it then?
Old Feb 5th 2023, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd
Cheques are still the best way to send money to the younger generation - particularly if they are unsigned. It seems the only way to get an acknowledgement that they were sent. Did you know you didn’t sign that cheque XXXXX. - oh you did receive it then?
some might say that’s also a way of begrudgingly sending a gift that you don’t really want to give as it can’t be cashed unsigned.