Reload this Page >

UK ~ Spanish telephony

UK ~ Spanish telephony

Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Gerrard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK ~ Spanish telephony

Hi everyone

Many apologies if you have seen a question like this before [even more so if you answered it].

How does maintaining a telephone link between UK and Spain
work in terms of keeping our UK number and arranging call forwarding to a landline or mobile in Spain [and possibly, the reverse process] ?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Many thanks for your patience

And of course best wishes

Gerrard
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK ~ Spanish telephony

Hello Gerrard, and welcome to the forum

I'm terribly sorry (and am probably being incredibly dense ) but I don't quite understand your question

Can you perhaps explain a bit more?
Are you looking to find reasonable rates for making calls between the UK and Spain, or something completely different?

Best wishes,
Sam(antha)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Hi

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain properly.

I'm hoping to find a service provider which will allow me to forward a call [seamlessly I hope] from a UK landline [Telewest as it happens, at the moment] to ring on a mobile in Spain - where I would answer it, just as if I was in UK.

Ideally, the caller would be unaware that the call had been forwarded.

The reverse process would be [again ideally] that I could make calls from my mobile in Spain to UK - routed through my UK landline. Alternatively, the process would allow relatively inexpensive calls from my mobile in Spain to a UK landline or mobile.

I hope this explanation is not too convoluted. The purpose is to allow me to continue working in Spain on an occasional or temporary basis - while all my contacts are in UK.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Gerrard
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gerrard
Hi

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain properly.

I'm hoping to find a service provider which will allow me to forward a call [seamlessly I hope] from a UK landline [Telewest as it happens, at the moment] to ring on a mobile in Spain - where I would answer it, just as if I was in UK.

Ideally, the caller would be unaware that the call had been forwarded.

The reverse process would be [again ideally] that I could make calls from my mobile in Spain to UK - routed through my UK landline. Alternatively, the process would allow relatively inexpensive calls from my mobile in Spain to a UK landline or mobile.

I hope this explanation is not too convoluted. The purpose is to allow me to continue working in Spain on an occasional or temporary basis - while all my contacts are in UK.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Gerrard
Probably only your provider can do this.
But it usually only works in the same country, otherwise every one would do it when they came on holiday to save the ripoff double line charges.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you use the least cost routing service offered by this site? Four p a minute to the caller and to all intents and purposes it looks like a UK number. Mine is linked to my home number though .... not exactly sure if it can be linked to a mobile as presumably the costs are higher, but worth a look I guess
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future

My hubby has a london landline number that is diverted to his spanish mobile.

If people call him from the UK they only pay a national rate, although he then pays extra to receive the call so it does work out more expensive.

If he calls people in the UK they think they are receiving a call from someone in London, not spain.....clever!

So it can be done, but it is definitely not a cheaper option.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Do not know how this works, but remember a few years ago I worked for a company and the callers thought they were calling Switzerland !They dialed the Swiss number and the calls came through to Spain ! There are companies advertising in the free weekly papers that advertise ¨Virtual Offices¨, these are similar, they may be able to help, but I think they are all rather dodgy !
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the explanation Gerrard

Unfortunately, I now know that I definitely can't help you!!
Technology really isn't my thing, I'm afraid!

Still, you've got quite a few helpful comments already - so hopefully you'll find the site useful and the members friendly.

All the best to you.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

You can do it using Skype, if you use the Skype In facility, which will give you a UK landline number, and then forward the incoming calls to your mobile. Works quite well.
Regards
Tim
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: UK ~ Spanish telephony ~ update from G

Thanks for all the replies.

Mitzyboy - the website alas just brought up a temporary [out of service] page.

Tim - yes, I'll investigate skype as suggested

My ideal scenario [if this not asking for too much] is that I keep my UK landline number - as it is a well known business contact - and have the calls diverted from this existing number to a Spanish mobile.

My feeling is that someone must have bumped into this problem - and solved it ! If so, please ride to my rescue.

Best wishes to everyone

Gerrard