Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Was this a UFO?

Was this a UFO?

Old Dec 25th 2011, 6:45 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Was this a UFO?

Last night I was sitting on my terrace playing with the dogs at around eight o'clock when I suddenly noticed a glowing, red object travelling across the sky from roughly west to east. It was probably several miles away and travelled at varying speed, staying stationary for minutes at a time.

I called my wife who came out to the terrace and took photographs of the object. It stayed in the sky, glowing brightly, for several minutes, until the bright red light faded, quite slowly, to be replaced by a normal, much smaller white light which then disappeared into the distance.

After my wife went back indoors, the dogs suddenly sat perfectly still and looked to the right. The bright red ball in the sky had reappeared, much nearer this time, and seemed to be stationary, perhaps a mile into the sky.

I called out to my wife again and she managed to take more photographs. The object glowed for several minutes, until the red light slowly turned white, as though the thing was speeding away into the distance.

There were no fireworks in the area at that time and I was sober.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Was this a UFO?

I have no idea, but I was abducted by aliens once for a very probing experience..........
Old Dec 25th 2011, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was this a UFO?

I'd say it was Father Christmas, but I think he would have gone from east to west.....
Old Dec 25th 2011, 8:37 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

In which direction were you looking at the time?
Old Dec 25th 2011, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most important question is how much of what had you had to drink?
Old Dec 25th 2011, 8:56 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
In which direction were you looking at the time?
South.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 9:19 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Yes it was a UFO, they take 300 years to reach us from another planet outside of our milky way, do a couple of "hoon" laps around our planet and then **** of home.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 12:23 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

You will see more and more this year as they will be back in large numbers to check on our progress around next December.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 1:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it was a UFO.

By definition any object flying across the sky which cannot be identified, can be classified as a UFO, (unidentified flying object).

Whether or not it was visiting aliens from some distant planet is a totally different kettle of fish.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

tex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud of

Could be, any other reports that you know of?

Check on
http://www.mufon.com/

I've seen UFO's, they are real without a doubt.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 5:29 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Of course it was a UFO.

By definition any object flying across the sky which cannot be identified, can be classified as a UFO, (unidentified flying object).

Whether or not it was visiting aliens from some distant planet is a totally different kettle of fish.
Correct. No doubt that it was a UFO. Now to try identifying it.

If you were looking south and it was travelling west to east it would be presenting its left (port) side to you. Craft carry a red light on their port side. They also carry a white light astern so if the red light faded to white light which then moved away it is displaying all the qualities of a normal craft - of the helicopter type maybe?.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 6:13 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had a closer look at the photographs today and would be quite happy with a logical explanation. What I've got is a glowing red spherical object with something like a protruding nose in the middle of it, always facing in my direction.

I'm able to roughly judge its speed and size because of what we call the Malaga passenger jet which crosses the same patch of sky most nights, though an hour later.

This object was twice the size of the jet and covered something like the same journey in seconds, rather than the several minutes for the passenger jet.

The weirdest thing was its ability to suddenly stop in its flight and hover for minutes in the same spot. We've got a Spanish air force base nearby at San Javier and are used to seeing jet trainers in the sky during the day, and helicopters too. This object travelled many times faster, it covered many miles in less than a second.

When the large red glow slowly turned white, the white spot was the size of distant stars and faded in a second or so.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HBG
I had a closer look at the photographs today and would be quite happy with a logical explanation. What I've got is a glowing red spherical object with something like a protruding nose in the middle of it, always facing in my direction.

I'm able to roughly judge its speed and size because of what we call the Malaga passenger jet which crosses the same patch of sky most nights, though an hour later.

This object was twice the size of the jet and covered something like the same journey in seconds, rather than the several minutes for the passenger jet.

The weirdest thing was its ability to suddenly stop in its flight and hover for minutes in the same spot. We've got a Spanish air force base nearby at San Javier and are used to seeing jet trainers in the sky during the day, and helicopters too. This object travelled many times faster, it covered many miles in less than a second.

When the large red glow slowly turned white, the white spot was the size of distant stars and faded in a second or so.
Your chances of accurately juding the size of an object at night when its not much more than a point of light is almost nil, even for a trained observer.

What would you say this is?

Old Dec 25th 2011, 10:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm a normal human being, curious about my surroundings, but not obsessively so. I was surprised by what I saw, what my wife saw, what the dogs saw and what we caught on camera.

I'm not into UFOs or anything like that, and what I saw was nothing like the You Tube video posted above. At the same time, I'm not unduly bothered.

I posted to see if anyone else had seen the object, or if someone could offer an explanation.

It appears not, but I thank the contributors.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HBG
I'm a normal human being, curious about my surroundings, but not obsessively so. I was surprised by what I saw, what my wife saw, what the dogs saw and what we caught on camera.

I'm not into UFOs or anything like that, and what I saw was nothing like the You Tube video posted above. At the same time, I'm not unduly bothered.

I posted to see if anyone else had seen the object, or if someone could offer an explanation.

It appears not, but I thank the contributors.
Just for info. The lights in the video above, widely accepted at the time as a 'UFO', were military flares.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.