Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Typically Spanish

Typically Spanish

Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Typically Spanish

Anyone know what is happening with this site? Nothing since 6th December.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:45 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Typically Spanish

I rather fear the editor/owner has tried to do too much

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_35660.shtml

It's surprisingly hard to outsource this type of work. As anyone who looks at my homepage on my profile will see, I now run a website that runs articles in both English and Spanish. I manage to commission the native Spanish side cheaply by using myntmarket (typically 5 or 10 euros for a translated article). But those translations take 2 or 3 days to materialise, and I have no obligation to publish everyday -indeed I may not publish the next article until the New Year. "Typically Spanish" published news stories on a daily basis. I suspect it's just too much to carry out over a sustained period, without hiring staff, which the editor states he can't afford.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:03 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a shame, much better insight into the news than the rubbish in Sur, Euroweekly news etc. It has done a few mis-translations over the years but overall excellent.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:09 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Thats a shame, much better insight into the news than the rubbish in Sur, Euroweekly news etc. It has done a few mis-translations over the years but overall excellent.
For once I agree with you 100%. I hope the editor Howard is able to recover within a short time. Our thoughts are with him
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the news and thought those people who criticised him were ignorant. After all it was a free site.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:26 pm
Not Banned (yet)

some good news!

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_36202.shtml
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:37 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I enjoyed the news and thought those people who criticised him were ignorant. After all it was a free site.
and published under alot of pressure with regard to time and accuracy.
OK it is highly likely that pressure is self induced in wanting to give the best to the readers, as an old friend of mine used to say - its better to get it out and correct it later than not get it out at all.

I cringe and squirm at the spelling and grammar mistakes I find almost daily in written articles by so called professional people
and as to the state of some of the UK press, if the spelling mistakes that occur every day on the front pages of their online offering is anything to go by those who used to complain that eddiecayshun aint wot it uzed 2b cud jest b rite.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well the site did appear to be updated for a few days after xmas but now it has dissapeared all together. Has it gone for good? I do hope not as it was so useful.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:36 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Well the site did appear to be updated for a few days after xmas but now it has dissapeared all together. Has it gone for good? I do hope not as it was so useful.
the website name is registered to Howard until Jun 2016
as it was first registered in 1999 it has been a labour of love

`
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Domino
and published under alot of pressure with regard to time and accuracy.
OK it is highly likely that pressure is self induced in wanting to give the best to the readers, as an old friend of mine used to say - its better to get it out and correct it later than not get it out at all.

I cringe and squirm at the spelling and grammar mistakes I find almost daily in written articles by so called professional people
and as to the state of some of the UK press, if the spelling mistakes that occur every day on the front pages of their online offering is anything to go by those who used to complain that eddiecayshun aint wot it uzed 2b cud jest b rite.
BBC News yesterday on the red ticker tape they had the spelling wrong in sight as site! So come back Typically Spanish we miss you.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Domino
the website name is registered to Howard until Jun 2016
as it was first registered in 1999 it has been a labour of love

`
But if you click on the link all you get is an error message, so has it gone for good ?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Avellana is an unknown quantity at this point

Posting on Twitter
https://twitter.com/typspan
Should be up and running next week.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:25 am
Not Banned (yet)

Let's hope he's not trying to rush back too soon.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great site because it is complete. I write stuff that amuses me, but Howard writes it all up - the fascinating and the tedious too. He is honest with his readers, and not a corporate shill like the Weenie.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
BBC News yesterday on the red ticker tape they had the spelling wrong in sight as site! So come back Typically Spanish we miss you.
currently reading a Robert Ludlum book, published by Orion, printed by Mackays of Chatham - just been hit by 3 typo's 1 spelling on a single page

`

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.