Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tying in selling home and moving to a mobile home

Tying in selling home and moving to a mobile home

Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tying in selling home and moving to a mobile home

If you live in a mobile/park home in Spain, and had to sell your UK home to fund it, where did you live in this transient period?
We are looking into moving to a residential park and I'm wondering how you all did it!

We don't have family to stay with, hotels will be expensive and we don't know yet if we will take our furniture with us, or just belongings in a removal van.

Did you drive over or fly when you emigrated?

Be good to hear from any expats living on mobile home residential parks, who live there permanently.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 3:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying in selling home and moving to a mobile home

Originally Posted by Hollyhock
If you live in a mobile/park home in Spain, and had to sell your UK home to fund it, where did you live in this transient period?
We are looking into moving to a residential park and I'm wondering how you all did it!

We don't have family to stay with, hotels will be expensive and we don't know yet if we will take our furniture with us, or just belongings in a removal van.

Did you drive over or fly when you emigrated?

Be good to hear from any expats living on mobile home residential parks, who live there permanently.
Please ensure toe things before making any sort of decision as to which mobile park to move to..

1}. Is the park legal, has it got the proper licenses.

2}. Will it allow 12 month occupation, many of them only have an 11 month license.

The reason for asking about legallity is that there have been tales of people returning to theit mobile home park to find the gates locked and chained as the park didn't have the correct license. The people in that case spent a long time just to get premission to get back in to remove their belongings, the homes were NOT allowed to be moved.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks we already know they are 12 month residential sites.

I hope I get some answers about where to live between homes too, but thanks for your info and advice.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine that a hotel or short term rent / B&B would be your only option.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Big problem I would see with the plan is an house is generally an appreciating asset certainly one in the UK a static is generally a depreciating asset which can be more difficult to sell. I would consider renting the house to fund renting a small property in Spain? Other thing with statics is annual charges which you have no control over.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
Big problem I would see with the plan is an house is generally an appreciating asset certainly one in the UK a static is generally a depreciating asset which can be more difficult to sell. I would consider renting the house to fund renting a small property in Spain? Other thing with statics is annual charges which you have no control over.
We will be retiring to a mobile home, no intention of selling it, but I appreciate what you are saying.
The annual charges are reasonable otherwise nobody would be living on such sites, and we have been down the renting route, just a waste of money.
Do you live in a house in Spain then Bob?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by conniewalker
I would imagine that a hotel or short term rent / B&B would be your only option.
Thanks Connie, we have a dog so probably a short term rent would be best.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

No I have a house but am non resident at the moment. We retained a house in UK downsizing. We considered a static in the UK but for the reasons I mentioned decided on downsizing but going the house route. I don't know about Spain but I know in the UK some of these sites change hands and although annual charges were readonable they then change. Anything you need for the unit gas repairs etc usually have to go through the site owners at their prices. I also know of a site which was taken over and then people with units over a certain age told to remove them from the site! All in all it put me off. I do know people in Spain that were in statics who sold them and now rent in a local village due to similar issues. I have friends that are very happy with their static, horses for courses I suppose. I just mentioned my considerations.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bob can you PM me the site name that was taken over, as we are going at the weekend to see some homes and meet one of the companies who own sites abroad.
Also where the people who sold them and rent in a local village were living?
Much appreciated.