British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   TV and Internet help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/tv-internet-help-869210/)

tommy.irene Dec 16th 2015 8:39 pm

Re: TV and Internet help

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1 (Post 11815660)
I am sorry for any confusion, however, the first part of your post referred to 'Hola' and using their appliance. It was to this which I was referring, if you read their own FAQ's, as well as the 'reviews' you will see that at one point they refer to using an 'authentication' code, then they tell you that this is 'your' unlock code for your device !!

i should have said that they were two different programes... Im watching camposat now.. Hola was only used to watch the iplayers..Goodnight everyone..

EsuriJohn Dec 16th 2015 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 11815466)
But it is for UK TV License fee payers for a limited (as yet unspecified) time abroad. So will only be for x number of days a year.
No changes for expats - things will remain as they are.
So if you spend 6 months here and 6 months there, then you will still only be allocated you x number of days iplayer content only. Not everything ll the time.

Slightly off topic but I wonder if The Guy knows if there have been further channel changes. PBS has gone and I now get message similar to that on BBC channels. Same for Yesterday however Yesterday+1 is still there?

The Guy Dec 17th 2015 6:11 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11815686)
Slightly off topic but I wonder if The Guy knows if there have been further channel changes. PBS has gone and I now get message similar to that on BBC channels. Same for Yesterday however Yesterday+1 is still there?

PBS moved to the UK beam on 30/10/15The "UKTV" group of channels also moved tot he UK beam... as three of them went free to air."+1"' and HD are still on the European beam, and still being SKys pay wall./More here : New Freesat Channels launching 8th December 2015

tortis Dec 17th 2015 1:36 pm

Have you tried Ski? we have it and we pay monthly to the company here in Spain, they send you a card and also you can get a new box, if you need it.

tortis Dec 17th 2015 1:40 pm

Sorry!!!!! mistake of finger I ment SKY.........

The Guy Dec 17th 2015 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tortis (Post 11816252)
Have you tried Ski? we have it and we pay monthly to the company here in Spain, they send you a card and also you can get a new box, if you need it.

Sky do not operate in Spain. So they will not send you a card or a box to an address in Spain, only a UK and ROI address.You may be sending your money to an "agent" in Spain, who deals with an agent in the UK who deals directly to sky for you... Canal+ is Spain's satellite TV operator. Like TDT, most imported UK and USA programmes can be changed into English. It also has a lot of the content from UK Sky.Composat is simply a filmon affiliate. So you could always go direct to filmon rather than via camposat.

Bigmomma1 Dec 17th 2015 2:14 pm

I don't know the in's and out's but feel sure that you can access 'Filmon' all over the World. I registered with 'Filmon' whilst I was in the UK and travelling around in my Motorhome, being registered enables me to 'pre-record' programmes in advance, however, if you do not subscribe (payment) then the 'free' service only permits you to do 10 hours per month of pre-recording. It is not 'Catch Up' TV but if you know in advance that you are going to be out then it is a good option. If you opt to subscribe then I believe your pre-recording is unlimited.

tortis Dec 17th 2015 2:24 pm

That is true, Sky does not operate in Spain, we are here only three months and we contacted a british guy here who does all this instalation including the dish, and since then we enjoy all Sky programs like we did in England!!! by the way we pay by direct debit from our account in England.

Bigmomma1 Dec 17th 2015 2:30 pm

I was always of the belief that you could not 'officially' get SKY over in Europe (only on Commercial Licence, Pubs/Clubs), but I do not know that for certain. However, on my travels in my Motorhome, I have met people who have a Sky Box and Card on subscription and recieve 'all' the channels, so I guess there is a 'ways and means' if you know who or how !!

terryjune Dec 17th 2015 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by tommy.irene (Post 11815613)
Use the HOLA aplaince.. Just google HOLA.. It get the Iplayers ... this one is free on your Computer .... Camposat.Tv then run a lead to your tv set..

Just tried this on my computer in the UK and works fine. as im a tech illiterate fool:p could you help me, what kind of lead would i need to plug into TV?

The Guy Dec 17th 2015 5:36 pm

It goes:due to how programme rights are bought and sold, uk channels usually only have the rights for those programmes in the UK. So Sky cards, which are used to access those channels, can only be issued to UK addresses.
It is NOT illegal to use a viewing card from one EU country in a domestic property in another EU country.
However, as part of Sky T&Cs Sky cards should not be used outside the UK - and should only be used at the address specified on that contract (which expats can exploit, as long as they don't tell Sky where the card is being used!). If Sky find out that those T&Cs have been broken the card and contract can be cancelled.
For people who cannot have a friend or family member "hosting" their sky card, then you pay an agent a yearly "fee" to host it for you. They can also arrange to pay the subscription for you also.
It is illegal to use a viewing card from one EU country in a public / commercial place in another EU country, (and could also be against the licensing laws for that public / commercial place also.)

InVinoVeritas Dec 18th 2015 7:25 am

Originally Posted by tommy.irene (Post 11815613)
Use the HOLA aplaince.. Just google HOLA.. It get the Iplayers ... this one is free on your Computer .... Camposat.Tv then run a lead to your tv set..

DO NOT USE HOLA! Just Google "Hola problems" if you don't believe it.

tommy.irene Dec 18th 2015 8:09 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 11816761)
DO NOT USE HOLA! Just Google "Hola problems" if you don't believe it.

Most of the reviews are wrote by VPN sellers who dont like to see free stuff..:thumbsup:

InVinoVeritas Dec 18th 2015 8:25 am

Originally Posted by tommy.irene (Post 11816783)
Most of the reviews are wrote by VPN sellers who dont like to see free stuff..:thumbsup:

Oh well, that obviously means it's ok then :rofl:

Though you might wonder why other free VPN'S haven't been targeted with such unfair criticism :confused:

tommy.irene Dec 18th 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 11816795)
Oh well, that obviously means it's ok then :rofl:

Though you might wonder why other free VPN'S haven't been targeted with such unfair criticism :confused:

I have been useing it for years as a Google Crome add on..