Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV and Internet help

TV and Internet help

Old Jan 23rd 2016, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV and Internet help

Originally Posted by Horlics
Oh right, and there I was thinking you had been unsuccessfully using them because you mentioned you got blocked from TVCatchup, before you started about catch-up TV and then flipped back to talking about TVCatchup.

You seem a bit confused and all over the place, and for that reason, I'm out.
You are the one who is confused, and doesn't seem to know the difference between TVCatchup & BBC/ITV iPlayers (which are catchup TV, and they use that term when advertising their programs).
Old Jul 25th 2016, 10:31 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone looked at the new Sky Q boxes? Are they an option or do they need to be hooked up to the internet at all times?
Old Jul 25th 2016, 1:02 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Has anyone looked at the new Sky Q boxes? Are they an option or do they need to be hooked up to the internet at all times?
AFAIK they do no need to be connected to the internet at all times....
Unless you want to use the online content...you will need a UK VPN to provide you with a UK IP internet address.

Also note that you will need to change the LNB on your dish to a SkyQ "wideband" LNB, or a "hybrid" LNB if you want to use Sky Q and a "normal" satellite receiver...
Old Jul 25th 2016, 5:44 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Has anyone tried installing their new Q box? Is it a good/sensitive device for getting a signal outside the UK?

To be honest I'm only after the Ultra HD sports broadcasts as I'm looking at upgrading my tv before the summer is over.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
AFAIK they do no need to be connected to the internet at all times....
Unless you want to use the online content...you will need a UK VPN to provide you with a UK IP internet address.

Also note that you will need to change the LNB on your dish to a SkyQ "wideband" LNB, or a "hybrid" LNB if you want to use Sky Q and a "normal" satellite receiver...
What is a wideband LNB or Hybrid LNB How do they differ from a normal 950/2050MHz with up to 27/35MHz bandwidth per transponder frequency?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:57 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Has anyone tried installing their new Q box? Is it a good/sensitive device for getting a signal outside the UK?
Not heard of one being used in Spain yet, but I would assume tuner sensitivity is similar to the current batch of Hd boxes.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
What is a wideband LNB or Hybrid LNB How do they differ from a normal 950/2050MHz with up to 27/35MHz bandwidth per transponder frequency?
Normal LNBs operate on 4 separate frequency groups
Vertical Low, Vertical High, Horizontal Low and Horizontal High.

Widebands operate on just two - vertical and horizontal - which is why a SkyQ box can record a lot more channels at once compared to a standard Sky+ box.

A Hybrid has ports for both normal and wideband - allowing you to use a SkyQ box with standard receivers at the same time.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:16 am
Just Joined

scottishlassie100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, can someone help me with my tv.... I just moved into a new flat and it has a Saba smart tv. I have never come across this before and am a bit baffled as to how it works!! I have fibre optic wifi and usually watch UK tv via filmon on my laptop. I'd like to watch it on the smart tv... am i right in thinking i just go to google, and then to filmon, and then watch it that way? I tried to find an app for filmon but it seemed to cost over 100 euros... also, what do you do when you get a message saying you need to update adobe flash? None of the 'update' options seem to apply-even though the tv is brand new. Thanks!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:31 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishlassie100
Hi all, can someone help me with my tv.... I just moved into a new flat and it has a Saba smart tv. I have never come across this before and am a bit baffled as to how it works!! I have fibre optic wifi and usually watch UK tv via filmon on my laptop. I'd like to watch it on the smart tv... am i right in thinking i just go to google, and then to filmon, and then watch it that way? I tried to find an app for filmon but it seemed to cost over 100 euros... also, what do you do when you get a message saying you need to update adobe flash? None of the 'update' options seem to apply-even though the tv is brand new. Thanks!
try Camposat.Tv on google and see what happens..
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by scottishlassie100
YOu can try it in your tvs browser... but you may need to try it in other browsers for it to work.
And most smart tvs do not support flash anyway... but this may depend which operating system it is running...

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
try Camposat.Tv on google and see what happens..
why try that when it is simply a filmon affiliate...? In most cases if filmon does not work, sites using its affiliate service will also not work.-...

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 27th 2016 at 2:46 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:27 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a second homeaway from the uk then consider the slingbox. One off cost and no way your tv can be blocked by geoblocking netflix vpn etc.

It replicates exactly what you have in eg the UK. So say you have a skybox whatever you would do in the uk, you do here (eg watch live tv, watch recordings, make recordings etc) i connect my pc via hdmi to the tv for full screen viewing. I can also watch it on my phone and tablet. HD

As a part of an overall solution with eg kodi etc ... We have more tv than Ive ever had before
The satellites going down had actually a positive effect for us (tv wise)
Jon

PS with me able to record everything, I don't need catchup tv. And when I watch recorded TV I can fast forward all those bloody ads! Most of the stations in Belgium - where we live- are commercial

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 27th 2016 at 5:02 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:31 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

YOu can try it in your tvs browser... but you may need to try it in other browsers for it to work.
And most smart tvs do not support flash anyway... but this may depend which operating system it is running...

why try that when it is simply a filmon affiliate...? In most cases if filmon does not work, sites using its affiliate service will also not work.-...
Do as i ask..you have nothing to lose.. if you cant get it on google .es try google .uk and see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails TV and Internet help-.jpg  

Last edited by tommy.irene; Oct 27th 2016 at 4:38 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to have shares in it

I don't know anyone who uses it and it is, as you say, just Filmon in another coat.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:52 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Originally Posted by Fred James
He seems to have shares in it

I don't know anyone who uses it and it is, as you say, just Filmon in another coat.
Its easier to use if you just click on the station
Attached Thumbnails TV and Internet help-.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2016, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Its easier to use if you just click on the station
I agree. For some reason Filmon doesn't parse correctly on the web browser built into my Smart box but Camposat is fine. Although I do use Filmon on my PC or tablet when needed so I'm not fussy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.