tv

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tv

Originally Posted by Mr Juncker
Just to say that we have used various boxes when in the Alicante region.
Since the 'change' I would say that some channels are stronger but some are weaker. In any case we consider ourselves to be fortunate compared to other regions.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:18 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Puerto Banus is indeed a marina but it's name has spilled over to the surrounding area - people like to say they live in Puerto Banus when Nueva Andalucia would be more correct.

It is much too far south for anything but a very large dish to receive much. The 'standard' dish in that part of the world is 1.3 - 1.8 metres and that seems huge by UK standards but it is no way big enough for Southern Spain.

You'll just have to try it. Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Puerto Banus is indeed a marina but it's name has spilled over to the surrounding area - people like to say they live in Puerto Banus when Nueva Andalucia would be more correct.

It is much too far south for anything but a very large dish to receive much. The 'standard' dish in that part of the world is 1.3 - 1.8 metres and that seems huge by UK standards but it is no way big enough for Southern Spain.

You'll just have to try it. Good luck.
Thanks Jimenato, thought the area was called Puerto Banus, I personally don't know why people would want to say they live there, wouldn't be my favourite place I think I might look into getting him something when I get there, it was just a little thank you present to him for giving us the use of his apartment, but thanks everyone for your kind and helpful comments, a great source of information for people