Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tulip live on BBC radio tomorrow!

Tulip live on BBC radio tomorrow!

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

tulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to all
Default Tulip live on BBC radio tomorrow!

Hello all, and can I firstly say how entertaining you all are.

For those of you who listen to the radio online, you just might hear me on the waves tomorrow as I'm discussing my move to Spain on BBC Radio Gloucestershire.

For several years I have been a reporter/contributor for local BBC, initially reporting for Gloucester Rugby, and more recently as their travel and holiday expert.

I will be on the Steve Kitchen lunchtime show at noon and it will be a sad goodbye for me so I hope I hold it together.

So if you feel like tuning in online, you'll hear my husky tones as I dicuss my forthcoming 'gap year'.

XXX
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tulip live on BBC radio tomorrow!

Originally Posted by tulip1303

For those of you who listen to the radio online, you just might hear me on the waves tomorrow as I'm discussing my move to Spain on BBC Radio Gloucestershire.

For several years I have been a reporter/contributor for local BBC, initially reporting for Gloucester Rugby, and more recently as their travel and holiday expert.

I will be on the Steve Kitchen lunchtime show at noon and it will be a sad goodbye for me so I hope I hold it together.

So if you feel like tuning in online, you'll hear my husky tones as I dicuss my forthcoming 'gap year'.

XXX
A VERY good friend of mine played for Gloucester.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

tulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
A VERY good friend of mine played for Gloucester.
Really, how recently, might I ask?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Really, how recently, might I ask?
Stopped playing a couple of years back, a guy called Tom Beim, he plays down this way now................and I'm sure Chris Bajak, who I went to school with played for Gloucester as well.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Stopped playing a couple of years back, a guy called Tom Beim, he plays down this way now................and I'm sure Chris Bajak, who I went to school with played for Gloucester as well.
Didn't Tom get called up by Woodward for England? When you say he plays 'down this way now' where is that? Are you not in Spain? Sorry lots of questions X
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:38 pm
Straw Man.

Didn't Tom get called up by Woodward for England? When you say he plays 'down this way now' where is that? Are you not in Spain? Sorry lots of questions X
I'm in Sussex, heading back out to Spain fairly soon.

Yeah, he went to Italy for a bit, and scored 31 tries, so he came back to play for the Pertemps Bees I think, then got a call up.

He got two cups I think.

Chris Bajak was a man mountain of a black guy, he is a champion bodybuilder now............
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in Sussex, heading back out to Spain fairly soon.

Yeah, he went to Italy for a bit, and scored 31 tries, so he came back to play for the Pertemps Bees I think, then got a call up.

He got two cups I think.

Chris Bajak was a man mountain of a black guy, he is a champion bodybuilder now............
Sounds nice!

I've loved covering Gloucester matches in 'the shed' at Kingsholm and even the fans have all been very respectful during my interviews - truly a sport for gentlemen.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:47 pm
Straw Man.

Sounds nice!

I've loved covering Gloucester matches in 'the shed' at Kingsholm and even the fans have all been very respectful during my interviews - truly a sport for gentlemen.
So are you going to get into journalism in Spain?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

So are you going to get into journalism in Spain?
If I'm honest, that would be my dream, but I have no formal qualifications.

I got into BBC reporting having entered a competition as part of their BBC Talent campaign several years ago. My love of sport and rugby in particular got me to the final two and though I wasn't the outright winner, they were impressed that a woman knew so much about sport, and my voice is good for radio apparently!

I do love writing however, and have been a regular contributor to Lydney RFC matchday programmes, so who knows what may crop up?

Will concentrate on finding us a home and a school for the offspring first!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:09 pm
Straw Man.

If I'm honest, that would be my dream, but I have no formal qualifications.

I got into BBC reporting having entered a competition as part of their BBC Talent campaign several years ago. My love of sport and rugby in particular got me to the final two and though I wasn't the outright winner, they were impressed that a woman knew so much about sport, and my voice is good for radio apparently!

I do love writing however, and have been a regular contributor to Lydney RFC matchday programmes, so who knows what may crop up?

Will concentrate on finding us a home and a school for the offspring first!
Cool, sounds like my ideal job, going to rugby matches and letting everyone know all about it.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cool, sounds like my ideal job, going to rugby matches and letting everyone know all about it.
It has been great. The worst time was when, covering a Lydney game, the BBC Sports Editor told me prior to the match that there wouldn't be time for the full match round-up as it was a really busy day for lots of local sport. 'We'll come to you at half time and full time just for the scores.'
Great, I thought as I put my notebook away and sipped at a G & T (not usually allowed if on air!).
As the full time whistle blew, he called through to say there had been a communication breakdown at the Cheltenahm Town match so could I give the full report! ooops!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Polly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the rough

XXX
Hi Tulip,
what wave band would that be on? Can I get it on the radio or does it have to be online
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Polly1
Hi Tulip,
what wave band would that be on? Can I get it on the radio or does it have to be online
Don't think you'd get it on radio if not near Glos, but it's 1413 am/mw. More likely to be on BBC website which I think is bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire and there should be a link to listen live. I shall be mentioning BE on air and thanking you all! xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Polly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the roughPolly1 is a jewel in the rough

Don't think you'd get it on radio if not near Glos, but it's 1413 am/mw. More likely to be on BBC website which I think is bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire and there should be a link to listen live. I shall be mentioning BE on air and thanking you all! xx

I'm still in Manchester Tulip so I should be able to get the station. I too am moving to the CDS in June. And like you, I'm still new to this site.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Polly1
I'm still in Manchester Tulip so I should be able to get the station. I too am moving to the CDS in June. And like you, I'm still new to this site.
It's great though isn't it?
Informative and hugely entertaining! xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.