Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:09 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

Well here we are back on Spanish soil. Mal and I had a wonderful day yesterday we were up, out and on the road before you cold say "wedding day". Our friends came to collect us at 9am, to find me faffing over my shoes, should I wear the ones I had for my daughters wedding last year that was imposable to stand up in let alone walk or would I wear the ones that had been at the back of the wardrobe since we moved here still in their box but I knew I could stand in them but not walk (why do women do that, why buy shoes that you know you can't wear). Mal said "here, wear these old work shoes until we get there and then put these on when we get there" grabbing the ones still in the box.

Got to Gib early, so we went and had breakfast (toasted ham and a strong coffee), arrived at the Registry office 1145, receptionist said "there's no one before you would you like to go in early" Sounds good to us, so we enter this lovely little room with the most fantastically warm welcoming registrar who gave us a little pep talk. Our friends Pilar and Ramon were called in and we did the business. Looked down at my feet and what do I have on........
shabby old black flat shoes that I used to wear for work...I thought my feet were HAPPY

After the ceremony we went off and found a much needed watering hole, then the highlight of the day into Morrison's to buy CHICLANAGIRL a box of Christmas Crackers, a box of maltesers for me and some tea bags for Pilar and Ramon. Then back over the boarder into Spain where we found a venta and had menu of the day, meatballs with a fired egg on top. Day not over yet, as I know how to really push the boat out, we then drove to around the coast where we stayed in the Hotel Reina Cristina for the night, had a great time there lots to eat and drink, up early this morning after a very eventful night breakfast and drove home.

Photo's are of me and Mal after the wedding, me looking at sad old shoes whilst mal is signing his life away, Pilar and Ramon looking more like the bride and groom than we do.

If these photo's do not upload you may have to wait a while before I can do them again, they take for ever with dial up.
Attached Thumbnails Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar-me-mal.jpg   Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar-imag0086.jpg   Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar-imag0087.jpg  
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:27 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

so pleased it went well for you ,I'm sure you will be very happy together,I also wish you a very merry Xmas and all the very best in the New Year...................Love and Best Wishes
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and really glad the day was good for you
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely day you had Chris! So pleased for you...and who cares about the blooming shoes eh?!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:08 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

You two look a beautiful couple . Congratulations and enjoy your lives together
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a good day, hope you had better weather for it than us.
Did you have brekkies at the oldest bar in Gib ?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 4:00 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Pics look good Crispy but I can't open them larger because of the system I'm sharing at the moment .... so sloooooow

Had to laugh about the shoes Glad the day went well

Love to you both
Old Dec 19th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

Congratulations - so glad the day went well for you, and Chiclanagirl is going to be so so happy with her crackers
Old Dec 19th 2007, 4:12 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Oh crispy, you two looked lovely.....and so happy.

So happy for you
Old Dec 19th 2007, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Glad you had a good day, hope you had better weather for it than us.
Did you have brekkies at the oldest bar in Gib ?
No rain or wind, just a little grery, brekkie in the Bristol Hotel.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Crispy, (and Mal) now what the hell are you doing on here and not enjoying your honeymoon????
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Congratulations Crispy, (and Mal) now what the hell are you doing on here and not enjoying your honeymoon????

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt thanks for the thought
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulatios Gald everything went well
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad all went well, thank you for posting the photo´s, looked for the shoes but out of shot.....at least you could stand and walk !
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Glad all went well, thank you for posting the photo´s, looked for the shoes but out of shot.....at least you could stand and walk !

Thanks you Mrsjdr, bestman was under strict orders "head and shoulders only" overwise he was going to be in big trouble. By the way hope you don't mind but I have openly declared my luv for JDR in the vote for best mod poll, can't believe he was not nominated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.