British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/tuesday-18th-december-gibraltar-500685/)

crispy Dec 19th 2007 2:09 pm

Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

3 Attachment(s)
Well here we are back on Spanish soil. Mal and I had a wonderful day yesterday we were up, out and on the road before you cold say "wedding day". Our friends came to collect us at 9am, to find me faffing over my shoes, should I wear the ones I had for my daughters wedding last year that was imposable to stand up in let alone walk or would I wear the ones that had been at the back of the wardrobe since we moved here still in their box but I knew I could stand in them but not walk (why do women do that, why buy shoes that you know you can't wear). Mal said "here, wear these old work shoes until we get there and then put these on when we get there" grabbing the ones still in the box.

Got to Gib early, so we went and had breakfast (toasted ham and a strong coffee), arrived at the Registry office 1145, receptionist said "there's no one before you would you like to go in early" Sounds good to us, so we enter this lovely little room with the most fantastically warm welcoming registrar who gave us a little pep talk. Our friends Pilar and Ramon were called in and we did the business. :eek::eek:Looked down at my feet and what do I have on........
shabby old black flat shoes that I used to wear for work...I thought my feet were HAPPY;)

After the ceremony we went off and found a much needed watering hole, then the highlight of the day into Morrison's to buy CHICLANAGIRL a box of Christmas Crackers, a box of maltesers for me and some tea bags for Pilar and Ramon. Then back over the boarder into Spain where we found a venta and had menu of the day, meatballs with a fired egg on top. Day not over yet, as I know how to really push the boat out, we then drove to around the coast where we stayed in the Hotel Reina Cristina for the night, had a great time there lots to eat and drink, up early this morning after a very eventful night;);) breakfast and drove home.

Photo's are of me and Mal after the wedding, me looking at sad old shoes whilst mal is signing his life away, Pilar and Ramon looking more like the bride and groom than we do.

If these photo's do not upload you may have to wait a while before I can do them again, they take for ever with dial up.

jandy44 Dec 19th 2007 2:27 pm

Re: Tuesday 18th December, Gibraltar

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...atulations.gif so pleased it went well for you ,I'm sure you will be very happy together,I also wish you a very merry Xmas and all the very best in the New Year...................Love and Best Wishes :wub::wub:

Mitzyboy Dec 19th 2007 2:28 pm

Congratulations and really glad the day was good for you :D

Cornish maid Dec 19th 2007 2:37 pm

What a lovely day you had Chris! So pleased for you...and who cares about the blooming shoes eh?!;)

Pam Sarky Dec 19th 2007 3:08 pm

You two look a beautiful couple :wub:. Congratulations and enjoy your lives together :wub:

jdr Dec 19th 2007 3:14 pm

Glad you had a good day, hope you had better weather for it than us.
Did you have brekkies at the oldest bar in Gib ?

Lionda Dec 19th 2007 4:00 pm

Pics look good Crispy but I can't open them larger because of the system I'm sharing at the moment .... so sloooooow :mad:

Had to laugh about the shoes :thumbsup: Glad the day went well :D

Love to you both :wub:

jo-ann Dec 19th 2007 4:09 pm

Congratulations - so glad the day went well for you, and Chiclanagirl is going to be so so happy with her crackers:thumbsup:

Redlippie Dec 19th 2007 4:12 pm

Oh crispy, you two looked lovely.....and so happy.

So happy for you :):)

crispy Dec 19th 2007 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5685233)
Glad you had a good day, hope you had better weather for it than us.
Did you have brekkies at the oldest bar in Gib ?

No rain or wind, just a little grery, brekkie in the Bristol Hotel.

rugbymatt Dec 19th 2007 5:42 pm

Congratulations Crispy, (and Mal) now what the hell are you doing on here and not enjoying your honeymoon????

crispy Dec 19th 2007 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5685704)
Congratulations Crispy, (and Mal) now what the hell are you doing on here and not enjoying your honeymoon????

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt;) thanks for the thought:wub:

mikelincs Dec 19th 2007 7:31 pm

Congratulatios Gald everything went well

mrsjdr Dec 19th 2007 8:53 pm

Glad all went well, thank you for posting the photo´s, looked for the shoes but out of shot.....at least you could stand and walk !

crispy Dec 19th 2007 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by mrsjdr (Post 5686340)
Glad all went well, thank you for posting the photo´s, looked for the shoes but out of shot.....at least you could stand and walk !

Thanks you Mrsjdr, bestman was under strict orders "head and shoulders only" overwise he was going to be in big trouble. By the way hope you don't mind but I have openly declared my luv for JDR in the vote for best mod poll, can't believe he was not nominated.