Reload this Page >

Trilingual Marriage Certifcate

Trilingual Marriage Certifcate

Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Nubsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trilingual Marriage Certifcate

Hello can anyone help?

We live in Spain where my husband works and is registered for Health Care. I don’t work or have any income here but am entitled to Health Care as his wife. When we went to register me for Health Care we took our Marriage Certificate and told is was not what they needed. They say they need a trilingual certificate from The British Consol. I have spoken to the Consol and they referred me to the British Register Office who then referred me to the Forgein and Commonwealth Office - nobody could help.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can do as this has today also stopped us getting our Residency as they say the SIP I got through my European Health Card is not good enough 😳. Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trilingual Marriage Certifcate

You do not say in which region you are resident , obviously would apply in Catalunia.

If not have a look at this link from the EU :

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_...maximize-en.do

Since July 2016 there is a new regulation about documents which in theory was designed to cut red tape. If you scroll down there is a UK version so you can understand it and also a Spanish version which is the one I presume you will need to fill out. Marriage certificates are on the list of documents that can be presented in this way.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Hello

Thanks for your reply. We live in the Valencia Region. Not Catalunya but next door.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nubsey
Hello

Thanks for your reply. We live in the Valencia Region. Not Catalunya but next door.
They have their own language as well which is "Co-official" with Spanish. Maybe that is what they are looking for.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Hello again

they want it in English, Spanish and French (can’t see why French). I have looked at the link and it looks like the correct form to complete but I can’t see who you need to go to to get the certificate. You have been helpful. Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You married in the UK?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Yes we were
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, just checking.