British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Travelling to Spain by Ferry. Some information for you (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/travelling-spain-ferry-some-information-you-934468/)

Barriej Aug 24th 2020 7:28 pm

Re: Travelling to Spain by Ferry. Some information for you

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12901101)
Brittany Ferries site gives you the printable version on their site to print off complete and hand in. There is an online one that gives a QR code but that reads for flying? Not sure the difference it makes? However as Brittany ferries shows printable one for entering spain I will use that one to avoid confusion.

​​​​​​
You can't use the qr code it has to be the printed one. It's collected while you sit waiting on the car deck to get off. All of the vehicles that had red stickers on (see my original post) the forms were in the office that you go to for the temp recheck. I'm assuming that, if you read 38c or above there, they will sort your form before subjecting you to whatever they have planned.

bobd22 Aug 24th 2020 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Barriej (Post 12901293)
​​​​​​
You can't use the qr code it has to be the printed one. It's collected while you sit waiting on the car deck to get off. All of the vehicles that had red stickers on (see my original post) the forms were in the office that you go to for the temp recheck. I'm assuming that, if you read 38c or above there, they will sort your form before subjecting you to whatever they have planned.

Thanks for the update that is what I thought. I plan to print off and fill in the form ready to hand in. That's if we actually get to travel given how things are going. Fingers crossed we will as we need to get UK property on rental market.

EagleJ Aug 26th 2020 4:08 pm

Travelled from Santander to Portsmouth this week.
The usual decent Brittany Ferries experience except for:
boarding 90 minutes before sailing, still boarding an hour after advertised departure time to avoid crowding in stairs and corridors.
Masks to be worn outside of cabins.
Restaurant closed.
Ferry only half full.
Crossing price has increased.
Forms for UK border control.
An hour wait at Portsmouth Border control.
There was no temperature checks at either port.

Will continue using Brittany Ferries Several times a year as long as the prices don’t increase any further,

bobd22 Aug 26th 2020 4:14 pm

Was there no availability to buy food on board?

EagleJ Aug 26th 2020 4:23 pm

Sorry, I can see my message does imply that.

only the more formal Restaurant is closed, the self service dining is open, as are a couple of bars.

bobd22 Aug 26th 2020 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by EagleJ (Post 12901967)
Sorry, I can see my message does imply that.

only the more formal Restaurant is closed, the self service dining is open, as are a couple of bars.

Hi thanks for clearing that up as I thought that was the case.

missile Sep 1st 2020 8:38 am

Long wait before boarding. Had a great crossing, ship was clean and food was good / reasonably priced. Staff were very helpful. They stopped anyone not wearing a mask. Departure was well organised and quick.

Moses2013 Sep 1st 2020 8:55 am

Originally Posted by EagleJ (Post 12901953)
Travelled from Santander to Portsmouth this week.
The usual decent Brittany Ferries experience except for:
boarding 90 minutes before sailing, still boarding an hour after advertised departure time to avoid crowding in stairs and corridors.
Masks to be worn outside of cabins.
Restaurant closed.
Ferry only half full.
Crossing price has increased.
Forms for UK border control.
An hour wait at Portsmouth Border control.
There was no temperature checks at either port.

Will continue using Brittany Ferries Several times a year as long as the prices don’t increase any further,

If I may ask, how much did you pay? I usually only go via Cork and will be taking the PA Brittany back in October but from France to Ireland and paid €250 for 2 people, 1 car and standard outside cabin with window.

frontsys Sep 8th 2020 10:43 am

Warning: new forum user! = me :)

Thanks to BarrieJ for posting the information about the declaration form - very useful.
We were originally booked to go from Portsmouth to Santander on 29th September but that was cancelled last week so are now booked on the Plymouth to Santander on 27th September.
We are moving to Spain to live in our house in Isla Plana purchased last year.
I think I wil be spening a lot of time browsing the forums