Reload this Page >

Travelling from Santander to Torrevieja in UK Registered car and LEZ

Travelling from Santander to Torrevieja in UK Registered car and LEZ

Old Mar 13th 2023, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Gonnel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling from Santander to Torrevieja in UK Registered car and LEZ

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I understand that I can't get an ECO sticker and that different municipalities have or will have different rules. Don't disagree with LEZ but different rules is a nightmare. Does anybody know if ring roads around cities are in LEZ zones such as Madrid or how I can avoid LEZ zones on my way to Torrevieja in a couple of weeks? Was also thinking of a leisurely trip back calling at a few cities which also now seems off the agenda. Any advice appreciated.
RegardsGonnel
Old Mar 13th 2023, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling from Santander to Torrevieja in UK Registered car and LEZ

Originally Posted by Gonnel
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I understand that I can't get an ECO sticker and that different municipalities have or will have different rules. Don't disagree with LEZ but different rules is a nightmare. Does anybody know if ring roads around cities are in LEZ zones such as Madrid or how I can avoid LEZ zones on my way to Torrevieja in a couple of weeks? Was also thinking of a leisurely trip back calling at a few cities which also now seems off the agenda. Any advice appreciated.
RegardsGonnel
Even without a sticker, you can freely drive into these cities.
You have to 'book' and pay for a day pass or travel outside of the times the zones are in operation...
Most of the outer ring rounds will not be in the zone.
Also NO airports will ever be in them (except London City) but thats a special case. Aircraft are huge pollution making things.

If you are driving from Santander of Bilbao Id give Madrid a miss anyway,
Also lots of the cities still havent decided on the size of the zone yet.
Take Benidorm will the zone be everything inside the 332??
There has been no info as one of my cars cannot get a sticker (too old)

The trouble with the system is, that its not centralised but instead you have to find the website of each city you plan to visit and buy the day pass.

Here is the regulation for madrid.
​​​​​​https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/co...ain/madrid-lez

Last edited by Barriej; Mar 13th 2023 at 1:23 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling from Santander to Torrevieja in UK Registered car and LEZ

Apply for a French 'Crit Air' sticker, the French will send it virtually anywhere and it's recognised in Spain.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Really helpful answers. Thank you.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Barriej
Even without a sticker, you can freely drive into these cities.
You have to 'book' and pay for a day pass or travel outside of the times the zones are in operation...
Most of the outer ring rounds will not be in the zone.
Also NO airports will ever be in them (except London City) but thats a special case. Aircraft are huge pollution making things.

If you are driving from Santander of Bilbao Id give Madrid a miss anyway,
Also lots of the cities still havent decided on the size of the zone yet.
Take Benidorm will the zone be everything inside the 332??
There has been no info as one of my cars cannot get a sticker (too old)

The trouble with the system is, that its not centralised but instead you have to find the website of each city you plan to visit and buy the day pass.

Here is the regulation for madrid.
​​​​​​https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/co...ain/madrid-lez
Just read the link that you sent me.

It appears that until 1 Jan 24 the LEZ is the M30 motorway and within it. So it shouldn't affect my journey.

From 1 Jan 24 the LEZ is extended to the whole of the Madrid Municipality. Not sure how I'll then get to torrevieja from santander without a big diversion and a lot of additional km's!
Old Mar 13th 2023, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the link that you sent me.

It appears that until 1 Jan 24 the LEZ is the M30 motorway and within it. So it shouldn't affect my journey.

From 1 Jan 24 the LEZ is extended to the whole of the Madrid Municipality. Not sure how I'll then get to torrevieja from santander without a big diversion and a lot of additional km's!
I always do this drive... although we are the other side of Alicante to you

Old Mar 14th 2023, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

RegardsGonnel
First, regarding a French Critair sticker, get it from the official government website, as there seem to be even scams for it! It cost me €4 including postage. And they have it in English if you don't understand French.
https://certificat-air.gouv.fr/certi...e/fr/vehicules

Secondly, travelling from Torrevieja to either Santander or Bilbao depends on your interests & how much time you have. If you are interested in Spanish history at all, then I'd suggest visiting the ruined old town of Belchite, about 30km south of Zaragoza. It was all but ruined during the Civil War and has been left just like that. You need to go to the tourist office in the new town to get a ticket.
Not far from there is the birthplace of Goya in Fuendetodos.
If you then carry on the A23 dual carriageway stop off to visit the Castle of Loarre, for its spectacular views. And nearby are the huge red rock features of Las Mallas de Riglos.
If you fancy staying the night in a Parador, not usually expensive, try Sos del Rey Catolico or Olite.
Just north-west of Logroño is Laguardia in La Rioja, worth a visit also.
Personally, Vitoria/Gasteiz isn't worth stopping for.
After that, your route forks according to which port you're going to.
Buen viaje.

Old Mar 14th 2023, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

If your travelling in a UK registered car then you are exempt from showing any stickers so can go where you want, that's how I understand it anyway.
We use a UK registered car and have a French sticker, as has been said, use the French government website and they will send you one
Old Mar 14th 2023, 12:37 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

This is not true for Barcelona at least, you need to register your number plate on the website and book a day. Not sure for Madrid.