Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Travelling alone with Libro de Familiar, UK passport, without ES wife

Travelling alone with Libro de Familiar, UK passport, without ES wife

Old May 26th 2023, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling alone with Libro de Familiar, UK passport, without ES wife

Originally Posted by Brexitcasualities
Yes, thanks for confirming what I was thinking. Seems like the best way for me to be able to travel alone is to apply for an EU family member card and spend 181-182 days pa in Spain.
And remember that the same will apply to your wife because if your wife stays more than 183 days in spain,as you are married, Spain will say your centre of economic interest is where you reside as a family which would be Spain so by default you become a Spanish tax payer. This law applies so as to prevent people having their families live in one country whilst the other selects a more generous tax residence and claims that as their principal place of residence.
Old May 26th 2023, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Brexitcasualities is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling alone with Libro de Familiar, UK passport, without ES wife

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
And remember that the same will apply to your wife because if your wife stays more than 183 days in spain,as you are married, Spain will say your centre of economic interest is where you reside as a family which would be Spain so by default you become a Spanish tax payer. This law applies so as to prevent people having their families live in one country whilst the other selects a more generous tax residence and claims that as their principal place of residence.
I didn't realize that but yes we both plan to spend ~181 days in Spain.