Reload this Page >

Travel by plane within Spain during December

Travel by plane within Spain during December

Old Nov 20th 2020, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaandrichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel by plane within Spain during December

Hi Everyone,

I live in Madrid and I am booked to fly to the Canaries for a month over Christmas. I am still waiting on my residency papers (I know the result was favourable through the online page) and am planning to show that along with my padron and plane ticket from July when I entered Spain as proof, but am wondering how this will relate to covid restrictions.
I won't be leaving Spain, but I will be flying and using my British passport. Does anyone have any clarity about the need of taking a test to travel? I have Adeslas healthcare and see I can take a test for €99... as it is before the end of the transition period, could I take a test using the EU health health card?
Many thanks,
E
Old Nov 21st 2020, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel by plane within Spain during December

The EU health card covers emergency treatment outside your country of residence. It's not obvious how getting a Covid test within your country of residence matches with either of those things. But you won't know unless you try.
EDIT Is this a UK health card? Are you a UK pensioner or on UK benefits or a cross border worker? If not, normally your EHIC is no longer valid if you no longer live in the UK because why would the NHS be responsible for any of your medical costs if you live in Spain?

Last edited by EuroTrash; Nov 21st 2020 at 8:07 am.