Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

travel barcelona centre to airport

travel barcelona centre to airport

Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of
Default travel barcelona centre to airport

hi all, need some quick advice. may have to travel back to the uk later in the week, and my best flight options appear to be from barcelona airport.
has anyone had to get from the bus station (nord) to the airport before, and if so, is it easy, cheap, a short journey, any of the above?!?
thanks
DD
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travel barcelona centre to airport

Plenty of options.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...transport.html

I would get the metro to either Plaza Catalunya for the bus, or Sants station for the train. If I remember correctly they both take about 30 minutes.

Last edited by big wheels; Feb 9th 2009 at 5:29 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:39 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

also have the metro in barcelona
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by big wheels
Plenty of options.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...transport.html

I would get the metro to either Plaza Catalunya for the bus, or Sants station for the train. If I remember correctly they both take about 30 minutes.
hi, metro is no use to me as i'm coming from valencia, but looks like theres the aerobus which i can grab from plaza catalunya, i do believe this is where the barca 'nord' bus station is....?!?

ta
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:34 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

link for the bus is here http://www.emt-amb.com/links/Detalle...N17%27&idioma=

or here

http://www.emt-amb.com/links/bus.htm renfe link is there aswell
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:35 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Just for info from the Train Station to the Airport a cab is about 25 euro just in case you wanted to avoid the friendly Eastern Europeans helping you carry your handbag or purse.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:47 pm
Banned

poshnbucks for got about them Pickpocketers beaware
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah, thanks. been to barca before many times, so know to look after my pack/wallet et al. not so different to valencia to be honest.
still havent booked a bus as i'm checking daily to see if theres any flights from valencia that have become stupid cheap. no luck yet though....