Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Translation Please

Translation Please

Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Translation Please

I want to make in writing a complaint about the amount of rubbish surrounding our local bins which is now the size of a small house. I tried phoning but she said she didn´t understand me and put the phone down on me. Very frustrating. I did say it in Spanish not English by the way. There isn´t a problem with the emptying of the bins but the surrounding area. Can someone give me a good translation. Obviously I can use an online translater but usually it isn´t very good for something official.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Translation Please

Yes, online translators are DIABOLICAL! However there is a very good and free alternative at www.wordreference.com. This is a (very serious) forum where you can post what you want to be translated, as long as it is no more than a couple of sentences or so, and it will be translated for free by humans.

A word of warning though, they like you to at least have a stab at the translation first yourself, no matter how bad your are!

It is not only for Spanish/English translations....I think most languages are covered and they can also help you with your English grammar/vocab if that causes you some difficulties.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I want to make in writing a complaint about the amount of rubbish surrounding our local bins which is now the size of a small house. I tried phoning but she said she didn´t understand me and put the phone down on me. Very frustrating. I did say it in Spanish not English by the way. There isn´t a problem with the emptying of the bins but the surrounding area. Can someone give me a good translation. Obviously I can use an online translater but usually it isn´t very good for something official.
How about taking some photos as proof and taking them in to the Council office at the same time. ;-)
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:01 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Try
Yo stoy escribir en se quejan de que su servicio de recogida de la basura
Puede usted Asegúrese que su coleccionistas quitar la basura que es rodean la basura bins por favor, como está empezando a convertirse en una cuestión de salud.

Or type what you want to state and I`ll translate for you.

Last edited by livit; Jun 9th 2009 at 4:04 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

A spanish friend had a similar problem. After several complaints went unheard, she tried one more time, this time adding that she'd seen a rat among the rubbish. It had been cleared by the time she got home from work.

Good luck.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:48 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
A spanish friend had a similar problem. After several complaints went unheard, she tried one more time, this time adding that she'd seen a rat among the rubbish. It had been cleared by the time she got home from work.

Good luck.
that would work!!

Quiero quejarme de la basura alrededor de los basureros en (put location here). Hoy he visto una rata por allí y creo que es peligroso y no es sanitario.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rachelk

Good luck.
Yes, I'll second that. Somebody dumped a load of escombros next to my neighbour´s house and she used a rat as leverage too. Got a very quick result.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replies. I said the following:

"Quiero quejarse con respecto los basuros cerce Venta Florentina en Pago del Humo". Reply "No entiendo". I didn´t think it was that bad!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

If I knew how to put a photo on here I would do so took some earlier.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:41 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

In Chiclana the daily Basura collection guys notify where there is a problem with "fly tipping".

It is quite normal to get a large pile of settes / fridges / etc after a weekend; it is normally cleared by the next weekend as they know that all the "weekenders" will dump even more rubbish by the side of the basuras.

So it could have been a coincidence that someone made a phone call and then finds it was cleared.

Davexf
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:44 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

There are three separate sets of bins by the Florentina - which did you mean?

And you should see ours on the cañada behind the Florentina - one can hardly get to the basuras for the other rubbish (Not guilty this time)

Davexf
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replies. I said the following:

"Quiero quejarse con respecto los basuros cerce Venta Florentina en Pago del Humo". Reply "No entiendo". I didn´t think it was that bad!
it wasn't too bad - just that the 'quejarse' probably threw them

'quejarse' is 'he/she/it complains' - or 'you complain' in usted (which is probably how they would expect to be addressed
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:15 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

You could try being impolite,

Inicie la eliminación de esta mierda, ahora.

It may help if you complain with a local person though, if more than one complains, starts dropping hints that there brothers girlfriends second cousins best friends mother no`s the mayor, it may help.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

In Chiclana the daily Basura collection guys notify where there is a problem with "fly tipping".

It is quite normal to get a large pile of settes / fridges / etc after a weekend; it is normally cleared by the next weekend as they know that all the "weekenders" will dump even more rubbish by the side of the basuras.

So it could have been a coincidence that someone made a phone call and then finds it was cleared.

Davexf
Dave it hasn´t been cleared for more than two weeks and isn´t just fridges settees etc it is also normal household rubbish in black bags which now people can´t be bothered to put in the bins but just throw on top of the other rubbish.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:56 am
Banned

If I knew how to put a photo on here I would do so took some earlier.
Its easy, put photos into "your pictures" folder on your computor.

Then come to BE and "Reply to Thread" above the box you write in there are symbols.

On the symbol that looks like a paper clip, next to a smiley face, click there, when your cursor is over it, it will state "Attachments".

Then a box will show stating "Manage Attachments" under it states "Upload File from your Computor" and will have three empty boxes with "Browse" written.

Click "Browse", it show your files on your computor, when you find the one you want, highlight it and click "open", then when the file fills the empty slot click "Upload", takes around 5 seconds, then nothing will happen, click "Submit Reply" found below, the one you click after writting a reply and you should find your photo uploaded onto the computor like this one below.
Attached Thumbnails Translation Please-day-dead.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.