British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Translated Documents for TIE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/translated-documents-tie-934961/)

hedley_01 Sep 22nd 2020 8:54 pm

Translated Documents for TIE

Hi,

Assuming rental agreements and all other necessary documents obtained in Spain will be in Spanish, am I correct in assuming that the only documents I need to be translated and notarized are the following:

Health Insurance Policy
Passport
Bank Statement

How much will this usually cost in Spain?

Thanks in advance!

Barriej Sep 22nd 2020 9:37 pm

Re: Translated Documents for TIE

Originally Posted by hedley_01 (Post 12913167)
Hi,

Assuming rental agreements and all other necessary documents obtained in Spain will be in Spanish, am I correct in assuming that the only documents I need to be translated and notarized are the following:

Health Insurance Policy
Passport
Bank Statement

How much will this usually cost in Spain?

Thanks in advance!

Depending on the office you go to.
UK Bank statements might not be enough.
We are applying in Alicante and you need 3 months of bank statements from a Spanish bank. Showing regular money in and out.
Other parts of Spain are different.

Passport is not needed to be translated.
Can't help with the healthcare as ours are from a Spanush company. But you will need proof of payment for the policy. Policy certificate and a full copy of the policy in spanish.

Costs vary but around here simple translations start at about 40 euro.

Joppa Sep 22nd 2020 9:57 pm

Depending on your circumstances, you may need marriage certificate, translated into Spanish. You can obtain a multilingual certificate in Spanish from General Register Office for about £20 extra, but currently there is a backlog. Mine took two months.

bobd22 Sep 23rd 2020 8:11 am

From the link I put on a previous thread you posted it shows that for health care a student ehic can be used. Per that link students studying are treated differently re ehic.

hedley_01 Sep 23rd 2020 9:16 pm

Thanks everyone! :)

And do I need photocopies of all documents? If so do they have to be coloured photocopies? Will one copy of each document suffice?

Thanks!

lyric030250 Sep 23rd 2020 10:35 pm

This is not to overdone, sorry to those that have seen it before

bobd22 Sep 24th 2020 9:12 am

Originally Posted by hedley_01 (Post 12913584)
Thanks everyone! :)

And do I need photocopies of all documents? If so do they have to be coloured photocopies? Will one copy of each document suffice?

Thanks!

I would take at least one copy of each document and form better safe than sorry. As it's a copy and you can show the original black and white will be fine.