Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Transformers in Chiclana - Any insight? or indeed any in sight?

Transformers in Chiclana - Any insight? or indeed any in sight?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Transformers in Chiclana - Any insight? or indeed any in sight?

Does anybody out there have any insight into this problem?
At the moment it appears that a transformer (or lack of one) is the main stumbling block (or standard excuse) as to why we cannot have an electric meter, and by this I do not mean the royal we, I mean nearly everyone I speak to, whether in Pago, Tajearo or like us (royal us) Caulina.
Situation seems to go like this: Step 1. Builder applies for meter (eventually or in some cases hopefully) Step 2. Monoleg survey property and send report to builder stating transformer needed before meter application successful. Step 3. Builder states Not my problem. Responsibility of community:curse: . Step 4. Nothing!! Do we even have a community. If so, how many in that community have no electric etc etc etc....

Why can the builders, electrical contractors, Monoleg etc not answer any of the questions that may help us all have a better idea or understanding of this situation such as:
1. What land area and how many houses does a transformer serve?
2 Are there different size transformers and would they need upgrading every time a few new houses were built in an area?
3. Whose responsibility is it to pay for and arrange for installation of transformer?
4. Who appoints these so called co-coordinators, project managers and what control is kept on any contributions etc that they collect?
5. Is there a map of transformers which show whether there is already one covering your area?
6. If only one or two properties in a road are without electric then how do they co-ordinate/organise transformer. Those with electric will surely not be interested in contributing (even if there villa was built at a later stage!!!).
7. What happens if someone does not contribute. Surely they will still eventually get the benefit of the transformer. They merely have to sit tight, apply for a meter after transformer fitted and hey presto Monoleg survey does not insist on transformer.

I (and I am sure all my friends, neighbors etc in the same situation) am finding the whole situation confusing, frustrating and totally disheartening? The whole point of buying a property in Spain was to achieve a dream that when the time eventually came to slow down, retire etc we would be able to look forward to a calmer, happier, sunnier, warmer new chapter of life. In the meantime we could relieve the stress of our chosen careers by enjoying family holidays in our lovely home in the sun. So far all we are achieving are additional levels of worry and stress, headaches and expense.

If anyone out there has any insight into this problem I would be glad to hear it (the transformer that is and not my stress levels).

Sue
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice
Default Re: Transformers in Chiclana - Any insight? or indeed any in sight?

Originally Posted by Flooziesoozie
Does anybody out there have any insight into this problem?
At the moment it appears that a transformer (or lack of one) is the main stumbling block (or standard excuse) as to why we cannot have an electric meter, and by this I do not mean the royal we, I mean nearly everyone I speak to, whether in Pago, Tajearo or like us (royal us) Caulina.
Situation seems to go like this: Step 1. Builder applies for meter (eventually or in some cases hopefully) Step 2. Monoleg survey property and send report to builder stating transformer needed before meter application successful. Step 3. Builder states Not my problemNot sure whether that is correct who is the developer. Responsibility of communityPossible:curse: . Step 4. Nothing!! Do we even have a community. If so, how many in that community have no electric etc etc etc....Ask the developer for the address of the President, if no Community start one

Why can the builders, electrical contractors, Monoleg etc not answer any of the questions that may help us all have a better idea or understanding of this situation such as:
1. What land area and how many houses does a transformer serve?Ask your electrical contractor for the project
2 Are there different size transformers and would they need upgrading every time a few new houses were built in an area?Depending on the size yes
3. Whose responsibility is it to pay for and arrange for installation of transformer?The Developer if a new development read your purchase contract if new
4. Who appoints these so called co-coordinators, project managers and what control is kept on any contributions etc that they collect?The Developer normally
5. Is there a map of transformers which show whether there is already one covering your area?The electricity company will have the information
6. If only one or two properties in a road are without electric then how do they co-ordinate/organise transformer. Buy OneThose with electric will surely not be interested in contributing (even if there villa was built at a later stage!!!).No unless they have insufficient power to use their full power
7. What happens if someone does not contribute. Surely they will still eventually get the benefit of the transformer.Depends who owns the transformer They merely have to sit tight, apply for a meter after transformer fitted and hey presto Monoleg survey does not insist on transformer.As answer above if you for instance bought the transformer then you have a big say in where the power goes

I (and I am sure all my friends, neighbors etc in the same situation) am finding the whole situation confusing, frustrating and totally disheartening? The whole point of buying a property in Spain was to achieve a dream that when the time eventually came to slow down, retire etc we would be able to look forward to a calmer, happier, sunnier, warmer new chapter of life. In the meantime we could relieve the stress of our chosen careers by enjoying family holidays in our lovely home in the sun. So far all we are achieving are additional levels of worry and stress, headaches and expense.

If anyone out there has any insight into this problem I would be glad to hear it (the transformer that is and not my stress levels).

Sue
Sometimes when the power of the transformer is full the remainder of the people ( Spanish ) will sit there with hardly any juice and wait until an unsuspecting person such as yourself or the community buy one then jump on the bandwagon real quick, as you will know by know watch the old ladies in the bread queue when they need to get to the front, they will be there before you or I :curse: