Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Transferring ownership of property

Wikiposts

Transferring ownership of property

Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transferring ownership of property

Anyone know the legal implications of me transferring ownership of a property to my husband? Will it be viewed as a sale and incur the usual selling costs?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:02 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring ownership of property

Originally Posted by montgomail
Anyone know the legal implications of me transferring ownership of a property to my husband? Will it be viewed as a sale and incur the usual selling costs?
and buying costs.notary.solicitor.and the killer. tax to the value of what they say.ie you cant say its only worth 20 grand.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:23 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the present ownership.

If you are joint owners then you will only pay 1% transfer tax (instead of 7%) plus legal fees. It's called a Dissolution of Joint Property Ownership.

If you are the sole owner then it becomes a normal sale with all the usual costs plus implications with regard to CGT and gift tax if no money is involved.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
and buying costs.notary.solicitor.and the killer. tax to the value of what they say.ie you cant say its only worth 20 grand.
Originally Posted by Fred James
It depends on the present ownership.

If you are joint owners then you will only pay 1% transfer tax (instead of 7%) plus legal fees. It's called a Dissolution of Joint Property Ownership.

If you are the sole owner then it becomes a normal sale with all the usual costs plus implications with regard to CGT and gift tax if no money is involved.
Thank you. I guessed that would be the case. I am the sole owner on paper although we are joint owners.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I guessed that would be the case. I am the sole owner on paper although we are joint owners.
Out of interest is your husbands name on the escritura even though you are the owner?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rotor
Out of interest is your husbands name on the escritura even though you are the owner?
Not sure ... will check that out.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure ... will check that out.
does this mean no more coffees
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa
does this mean no more coffees
I shall be out with Sam and a friend next week .... will try to meet up!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be out with Sam and a friend next week .... will try to meet up!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Try PMing SueG, she should be able to help, after all that is the sort of thing her company do.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Try PMing SueG, she should be able to help, after all that is the sort of thing her company do.
Thank you, I have done.