Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Transfering pension fund from Spain to UK

Transfering pension fund from Spain to UK

Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all
Default Transfering pension fund from Spain to UK

Hello,
this time I'm writing for a friend who is moving from Spain to the UK and would like to transfer his Spanish pension fund (BBVA) to a UK pension fund. Is this possible? What would be the tax implications from both sides?
Thank you.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfering pension fund from Spain to UK

Originally Posted by DrStarsky
Hello,
this time I'm writing for a friend who is moving from Spain to the UK and would like to transfer his Spanish pension fund (BBVA) to a UK pension fund. Is this possible? What would be the tax implications from both sides?
Thank you.
I believe you are talking about buying an annuity from a UK provider, for example Prudential. He really needs to be talking to an expert on this as to (a) who is providing the best annuity rates, and whether in the first place this is possible. Perhaps it would be worth talking to a financial adviser in Gib who should have knowledge of annuities in both Spain and the UK.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Transfering pension fund from Spain to UK

[QUOTE=glynis]I believe you are talking about buying an annuity from a UK provider, for example Prudential. He really needs to be talking to an expert on this as to (a) who is providing the best annuity rates, and whether in the first place this is possible. Perhaps it would be worth talking to a financial adviser in Gib who should have knowledge of annuities in both Spain and the UK.[/QUOT

Yes I totally agreee in any circumstances u do neeed many many projections of annuity offers before u select the best 4 u .