Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Trains on 26th December 2014

Trains on 26th December 2014

Old Nov 25th 2014, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trains on 26th December 2014

We were planning to go to Valencia by train from Gandia on Friday 26th December. We definitely used the trains on the 26th last year. But when I went to the RENFE website to check on times, it says there are no trains that day. Is the website telling lies? Or is it a public holiday this year because it's the Friday after xmas day? All advice gratefully received.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 8:11 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trains on 26th December 2014

That seems very strange to me as it is a normal Friday as far as I am aware so I would have expected the trains to run to the normal timetable.

Rosemary
Old Nov 25th 2014, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Yes, normal working day. Check again in a day or so.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both, will leave it a few days and try again.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 12:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think that I may have a timetable in one of my bags, will have a look later.

Rosemary
Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:28 pm

Could not find my timetable so I went to the station to fetch one. Could not ask the girl about 26 December because she was talking on the phone. If you want me to scan it and send it to you I will happily do that but it does not have any dates on it only the times of the trains. The only date on it is on the front and that says that it is from the 1 September 2014.

Rosemary
Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ever so much Rosemary but I have put in a "customer service request" to the Renfe website asking if there are indeed trains on the 26th. I'll let you know if they ever respond. I'm sure it is just a tech problem with their website and soon they will indeed publish times for the day after xmas. If not, we'll drive up and park somewhere. I'm determined to have a break away.

Thanks to you and frigilianafreddy for your help and suggestions.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Thanks ever so much Rosemary but I have put in a "customer service request" to the Renfe website asking if there are indeed trains on the 26th. I'll let you know if they ever respond. I'm sure it is just a tech problem with their website and soon they will indeed publish times for the day after xmas. If not, we'll drive up and park somewhere. I'm determined to have a break away.

Thanks to you and frigilianafreddy for your help and suggestions.
The alsa bus may be an option and doesn't take much longer than the train.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

I have just checked the Renfe website and it is indeed now showing trains on the 26th Dec. Panic over. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, much appreciated.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

looking on their website nothing there for me either
Old Nov 27th 2014, 7:49 am

Glad that you are now sorted. Hope you have a good time in my favourite city.

Rosemary