Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

towing a car in spain

towing a car in spain

Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

ptspower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default towing a car in spain

do anyone know if it is legale in spain to tow with dolly on motorway transporting car
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: towing a car in spain

Originally Posted by ptspower
do anyone know if it is legale in spain to tow with dolly on motorway transporting car
I think all four wheels have to be off the ground,a friend of mine was stopped and fined for towing with a dolly with all four wheels on the ground, ,had to leave the car 500kms from his house!,but I know some dolly`s have two wheels off the ground,youd have to check this one,maybe the AA in the UK can help? one thing for sure is towing with a rope is illegal.

Rgds

Rotor
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: towing a car in spain

I have no idea what a Dolly is. But I do know it is illegal to tow a car here.

As the previous poster says they have to have all four wheels of the ground, hence the Grua's here do a sterling job.

Caravans here have to have MOT's and you see them all with a red plate on.