Reload this Page >

Tourist Spotting Season is Open

Tourist Spotting Season is Open

Old May 23rd 2011, 1:46 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tourist Spotting Season is Open

Originally Posted by Treegod
Around my area there's plenty of English, French, Dutch, German and Russian. There can also be Belgians, Swiss, Irish and others but I'm not so good at spotting them.

Here are my tips for making the distinctions:

English: come in interesting shades of white, pink and red. Usually walking along with a slouch (The English Slouch) and with cheap plastic beacwear, hence the nickname, "Pink Plastic Neanderthals".

Dutch: tall, thin, platinum blonde. Like riding bicycles.
Germans: Tall, broad, darker (than dutch) blonde.

Russians: in some ways looking like the English, but with some differences; the women look a bit like barbies and the men like boxers, so I've been told.

French: I never can tell straight away but if they're tourists that don't look like any of the above I'd say they're French. Youngsters can be tall and thin with dark hair.

I hope that gives some starting points to help. Happy Tourist Spotting!

How about the Americans: Sneakers, Khaki shorts, grey jumper saying "Utah"

Backpackers seem to have their own uniform regardless their nationality: Unwashed hair or Dreads, dirty clothes, sandals but NO socks. Piercings and anklebracelets. Did I miss something?
Old May 24th 2011, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I noticed the past few years in Spain that there didn't seem to be any pleasant spring weather. Almost the end of May before it improved and then went straight into uncomfortable hot weather. March and April aside for the odd day used to be warm pleasant months.
I think the last couple of days have been just about perfect & long may it last - though I know it won't!

Re nationalities - Brits are the easiest to spot, don't know why - there's just something about about dress & general demeanour. Ladies burnt to a lobster red with their tattoos showing on the mounds of wobbling flesh is a bit of a giveaway

Scandinavians - tall, blonde and beautifully dressed in expensive casual clothes.

As for Germans - I always spot them by the ladies wearing very 'blingy' clothes - sequins, beads, gold leather patches etc. Oh, and gold shoes & sandals .... even gold sneakers!
Old May 26th 2011, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Treegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant futureTreegod has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lovingthesun
I think the last couple of days have been just about perfect & long may it last - though I know it won't!

Re nationalities - Brits are the easiest to spot, don't know why - there's just something about about dress & general demeanour. Ladies burnt to a lobster red with their tattoos showing on the mounds of wobbling flesh is a bit of a giveaway

Scandinavians - tall, blonde and beautifully dressed in expensive casual clothes.

As for Germans - I always spot them by the ladies wearing very 'blingy' clothes - sequins, beads, gold leather patches etc. Oh, and gold shoes & sandals .... even gold sneakers!
Lol, yes on the Brits. "Stick out like sore thumbs" come to mind.

I don't know if the "English Slouch" is natural or if we Brits tend to "wilt" in the sun. It's all spending too much time in the midday sun with mad dogs...

I'll have a look out for the telltale signs of "blingy" clothing