Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tourism Register of Andalusia

Tourism Register of Andalusia

Old Apr 14th 2016, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Tourism Register of Andalusia

Can anyone give me an insight into this please. For instance how do I register from the UK and what are the implications of it?
"Decree 28/2016 from 2nd Feb 2016. Any owner who rents out their property must be registered in the Tourism Register of Andalusia."
Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2016, 10:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourism Register of Andalusia

Originally Posted by AndyS
Can anyone give me an insight into this please. For instance how do I register from the UK and what are the implications of it?
"Decree 28/2016 from 2nd Feb 2016. Any owner who rents out their property must be registered in the Tourism Register of Andalusia."
Thanks
The implications, I would suggest, are that if you register you will be legally allowed to rent your place out, but, I suspect there may be downsides, there may be some licensing required, and you will have to ensure that you pay any taxes due as, otherwise they will make assumptions as to how many weeks it is occupied.
However you may find if you do not register, and are found to be renting it out, then you may face fines.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 11:12 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks
It's really rather complicated and should not be ignored.

This link gives plenty of information.

ANDALUSIA: Holiday rental regulations in new Decree explained in detail - Spanish Property Insight

The taxman has just started a new initiative to clamp down on undeclared rentals.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/04/07/...42_648460.html

Last edited by Fred James; Apr 14th 2016 at 11:15 am.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

The big hoteliers have been feeling the competition from the provision of unregulated rooms by private owners. They have leaned on the Government/Junta to bring in this measure. As a result you must register and submit to regulation if you wish to rent out your property and you must meet the standards for renting, these include safety eg fire precations, emergency exits, smoke detectors as well as the basic essentials for the renter. Obviously you will have to declare and pay tax on any income.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The big hoteliers have been feeling the competition from the provision of unregulated rooms by private owners. They have leaned on the Government/Junta to bring in this measure. As a result you must register and submit to regulation if you wish to rent out your property and you must meet the standards for renting, these include safety eg fire precations, emergency exits, smoke detectors as well as the basic essentials for the renter. Obviously you will have to declare and pay tax on any income.
Many thanks to the two Mike's and Fred for the replies and the link. Best I get registered!
Best regards
Andy