tortoises

Old May 23rd 2014, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default tortoises

Does anyone know anything about tortoises are in this area? We hadn't seen any until this year but now we have seen two. The first one was in February and it was on the back road into Ayamonte: we joined the road at the blue roundabout by Las Encimas and it was not far down the road. The second one was at Easter in the middle of the road leading to Corrales.

According to our friend Google there are two species of tortoise that live wild in Spain. When we saw the first one we thought it might have escaped from a garden but I don't think it could have walked nearly to Leroy Merlin in two months. Anyone lost one (or two)?

Has anyone else seen any? We got quite excited about seeing them (we don't get out much!!); how common are they?

Kath
Old May 24th 2014, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tortoises

There are some at the zoo in town.
Old May 24th 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

I came across two while I went for a stroll on the now disused CE golf course, sorry I meant the first one that went to seed. It was march this year and I was surprised to see them at the time.
Old May 24th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
I came across two while I went for a stroll on the now disused CE golf course, sorry I meant the first one that went to seed. It was march this year and I was surprised to see them at the time.
How big are they?... would love to see them

Jon
Old May 24th 2014, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I am glad it's not just me then. They were just normal sized: not big ones. I will keep my eyes open next time we are walking on the golf course. We only saw hares last time.