Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Topless Sunbathing Ban

View Poll Results: Should topless sunbathing be banned?
Yes
6.52%
No
93.48%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Topless Sunbathing Ban

Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Topless Sunbathing Ban

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
... Countless arguments with Old Man when he comes to visit that he can't take his top off while waiting for food to arrive so he doesn't miss out on vital tanning time!!!!....
Yes, I agree, and it sounds familiar!
As Eve said, a bit of "decorum" is needed. Not string vests (but better than nothing!)
My Granny used to say, "You wouldn't want a bit of curly armpit hair on your plate now, would you?" (as she raised the wooden spoon, or frying pan...)

On a serious note, I think it also has something to do with saying grace at the table?

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

At one point in Italy female topless was allowed, but only for those who were young and had very good figures, and the police used to patrol the beaches telling those whose assets had started to go south that they must cover up.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
As a teenager in spain in the 60s and 70s you couldnt walk from the beach in your swim wear let alone topless
In the 50's, my mother was told off by the priest for taking off her stockings at the beach!

Topless sunbathing ban?
I vote against such a ban.

Blatantly annoying people on the beach with unharnessed dingly-dangly bits?
Well, you just shake out your towel near them...

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
...But Spanish women of all ages and unfortunately sizes wearing close to nothing but "offset" with their useless sarong is just, well,...... so wrong (couldn't resist the pun!!!!)...
Perhaps these ladies are Italian? (re: Mike's post above)

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

as I have said before, I never knew what those triangle pieces of fabric that came with my bikini are for.
I think topless is fine, there is nothing wrong with boobs, I think if children are bought up and told they should be covered and dont look, they will look. We are always on the beach here and my children pay no attention what so ever. I do take offence to the lack of control in the pubic hair dept! I have also seen a lady change her tampax on the beach, in FULL VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, another soap box!

love

mary x x
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:14 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Oh YUK!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maryann
...I think topless is fine, there is nothing wrong with boobs, I think if children are bought up and told they should be covered and dont look, they will look...
Of course children will look; they are naturally curious about their own bodies, let alone those of others - all shapes and sizes! Dare I mention a game we used to play on the beach as a child? It was called "Raisins, Fried Eggs, and Jelly Fish". Yes, very cruel! I'm not sure what these new "inflatables" would be called?

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Having befriended a group of drunken geordies in The Heartbreak Bar in Benidorm last night I was persuaded to change shirts with one of them for some reason, I can't remember why, and we were both instantly reprimanded by one of the bouncers for going topless.

So, I have been topless in the Heartbreak Bar Benidorm, and the bouncer voted "NO"
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:38 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

WHO...WHO has voted YES?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Having befriended a group of drunken geordies in The Heartbreak Bar in Benidorm last night I was persuaded to change shirts with one of them for some reason, I can't remember why, and we were both instantly reprimanded by one of the bouncers for going topless.

So, I have been topless in the Heartbreak Bar Benidorm, and the bouncer voted "NO"
I can understand that. lol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rossifumi
WHO...WHO has voted YES?
The ones sitting near miss Blobby. ;-))
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:45 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
The ones sitting near miss Blobby. ;-))
I got ya.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Of course children will look; they are naturally curious about their own bodies, let alone those of others - all shapes and sizes! Dare I mention a game we used to play on the beach as a child? It was called "Raisins, Fried Eggs, and Jelly Fish". Yes, very cruel! I'm not sure what these new "inflatables" would be called?

Carol
I love that... i shall introduce it on our next beach trip..............in about 5 mins!
xxxx
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...7&in_page_id=2

Are you for or against it, I am against it
I remember going to Sitges on holiday way back in the early 60's as a kid, men where not allowed on the streets topless back then although the beach was OK, women topless where a no go and had to cover even their bikini tops while on the streets. I remember even some Spanish hitting tourist women who didn't cover enough of their bikinis up while leaving the beach. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.