Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Top 12 countries likely to go belly-up

Top 12 countries likely to go belly-up

Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:37 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top 12 countries likely to go belly-up

http://econforecast.blogspot.com/201...-go-belly.html

Risk analysis firm Maplecroft just released its new fiscal risk index ranking of 163 countries. Europe trumps all other regions with 11 out of twelve courtiers rated as "extreme risk." However, quite surprisingly, only one PIIGS country--Italy which takes the top spot--is in the top 12.

The others include many big economies in Europe - Belgium (2), France (3), Sweden (4), Germany (5), Hungary (6), Denmark (7), Austria (8), United Kingdom (10), Finland (11) and Greece (12). Japan at No. 9 is the only other country not in Europe within the highest risk category (See map below).

Aging Demographics
Interesting. But I'm sure everyone has a different opinion....
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:49 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 12 countries likely to go belly-up

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
http://econforecast.blogspot.com/201...-go-belly.html

Interesting. But I'm sure everyone has a different opinion....

Statistics,statistics and downright crap !

So where the hell is Spain and Ireland on there. Are we to presume they're safe as houses or sound as a pound.
Sorry sick joke.

Can only presume the got them all ass first or in reverse order to be more precise.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:37 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Statistics,statistics and downright crap !

So where the hell is Spain and Ireland on there. Are we to presume they're safe as houses or sound as a pound.
Sorry sick joke.

Can only presume the got them all ass first or in reverse order to be more precise.
Don't fret Dick, Spain gets in the top twenty, I believe.

This type of survey is based on projection, and seems to be based in "dependency levels" and public debt. It probably places the UK high because of the increasing number of the elderly population, and the large number of economically inactives in the normal working population (held to be around 8 or 9 million ). But projections invariably get it wrong, as obviously policies get changed (often forced on the government). Hence you will see further benefits cuts and increases in retirement ages.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:46 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Data supplied by Maplecroft, the same people who deemed Palestine as 5th on the list of the Global Terror Index.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:24 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't fret Dick, Spain gets in the top twenty, I believe.

This type of survey is based on projection, and seems to be based in "dependency levels" and public debt. It probably places the UK high because of the increasing number of the elderly population, and the large number of economically inactives in the normal working population (held to be around 8 or 9 million ). But projections invariably get it wrong, as obviously policies get changed (often forced on the government). Hence you will see further benefits cuts and increases in retirement ages.
Apparently China could have big problems in this respect, due to the birth rate restrictions and hence a very high percentage of old timers. though what pension rates they may or may not have in force there I haven't got a clue.
Maybe they'll have to cut the wrinklies down to half a bowl of rice a day.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:47 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

There's just so much debt in parts of Europe and the U.S. Countries like US and UK printing money - there's no future in that. They've got their head in the sand.

I'm not sure about the countries going belly-up but there's undoubtedly (and already happening) going to be a swing around in where the dodgy countries will be in the future, unless things change. My other half read that there's going to be more and more powercuts in the UK. It's the sort of thing you take for granted in a third world country like Thailand... but UK

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy only 36 percent of China's population affected by the one-child policy... or to put it another way.... if my arithmetic is correct... 64 percent not affected.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:55 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bakedbean
There's just so much debt in parts of Europe and the U.S. Countries like US and UK printing money - there's no future in that. They've got their head in the sand.
I'm not sure about the countries going belly-up but there's undoubtedly (and already happening) going to be a swing around in where the dodgy countries will be in the future, unless things change. My other half read that there's going to be more and more powercuts in the UK. It's the sort of thing you take for granted in a third world country like Thailand... but UK
Cheer up old bean and enjoy your breakfast, we already have enough daily wail readers on here.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 7:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh, ya that was a bit serious, wasn't it Didn't actually mean to venture into Siesta Time, but you know how it is, was searching for something on B.E. and just landed here

Breakfast long gone. Looking forward to dinner now.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:13 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

bakedbean;920434

Yes, and it's not just power cuts, has anybody tried getting a dentist to treat them in the Uk?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:35 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely no problem in Surrey and Hants. NHS dentists advertise all the time in local papers.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:56 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Absolutely no problem in Surrey and Hants. NHS dentists advertise all the time in local papers.
I spent my last 8 weeks in the UK phoning, knocking doors and begging Dentists for treatment, I even offered to pay double Not a chance, No one was taking on any patients

I Got to Spain walked in off the street and he did it there and then

These are all unbelievable experiences that I have had in the UK, it may not be Belly up in financial terms yet but in other ways it' sure is.Well IMO

I can not believe that others have not experienced the same problems that I have, in the UK, regarding what I consider to be basic services That were always there throughout my life. Maybe it's just the North West where I was at the time?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:42 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I spent my last 8 weeks in the UK phoning, knocking doors and begging Dentists for treatment, I even offered to pay double Not a chance, No one was taking on any patients

I Got to Spain walked in off the street and he did it there and then

These are all unbelievable experiences that I have had in the UK, it may not be Belly up in financial terms yet but in other ways it' sure is.Well IMO

I can not believe that others have not experienced the same problems that I have, in the UK, regarding what I consider to be basic services That were always there throughout my life. Maybe it's just the North West where I was at the time?
It's not consistent in the UK, and indeed the British press have termed a new expression for this - post code lottery. You may well have better health provisions for some things than for others in your area.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:55 pm

It's not consistent in the UK, and indeed the British press have termed a new expression for this - post code lottery. You may well have better health provisions for some things than for others in your area.
Ah yes, I have heard of this from my friend, I thought it was just about cancer treatment though.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse

Must be! Not sure where you get "more and more power cuts" from, we haven't had any. Where are they? I've have lived in my current house for about 35 years, in that time, I can remember one power cut when some idiot with a JCB digging a trench, decided to sever the mains cable. Apart from that, zilch. My wife has gone from private dentist to NHS without any problem, and I've just decided to, so have put my name on a list, and am currently waiting as I have specified the practice I want.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:28 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but Spain doesn't have national health dentists No comparison really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.