Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Too Much Bickering - It Spoils the Fun of B Expats

Too Much Bickering - It Spoils the Fun of B Expats

Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:44 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too Much Bickering - It Spoils the Fun of B Expats

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I haven't bothered
bollocks to you!

(disclaimer..this post is banter)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:53 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
bollocks to you!

Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks to you!

Bird murderer
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
you may laugh............

that wasn't a comment it was an order.

(disclaimer.....this post was banter)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:57 pm

you may laugh............

that wasn't a comment it was an order.

(disclaimer.....this post was banter)
I had just come to the puter to switch off and have an early night, but I think I may stick around
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:59 pm
Straw Man.

I had just come to the puter to switch off and have an early night, but I think I may stick around
nah, the party will be crashed any second, mark my words.

(disclaimer.......I am in no way implying that anyone here may wish to crash the party)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:05 pm
Straw Man.

Bird murderer
finished your gay chat with your "friend" then?

(disclaimer...............I am in no way implying that there is anything wrong with being gay)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:58 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
God i love BE it always makes me laugh and its the people on here that make it fun - please dont change.
I know it can come close to the knuckle sometimes but on the whole everyone loves each other and have a lot of respect for each other - as others have said 99.9% of it is banter and thats what makes BE so successful and informative.
I LOVE YOU ALL and good night.
Love Sam x
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:13 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi all
God i love BE it always makes me laugh and its the people on here that make it fun - please dont change.
I know it can come close to the knuckle sometimes but on the whole everyone loves each other and have a lot of respect for each other - as others have said 99.9% of it is banter and thats what makes BE so successful and informative.
Love Sam x

Hi Sam, that sounded like and Oscar speech have you been practicing
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Could it be the original poster actually meant the way that topics drift off course, just like this one has? From 3-4 posts from the bottom of the first page it completely leaves the intended topic and goes off at a tangent to discuss other matters between friends? This is actually topic hijacking isn't it?

If people want to talk about what they did last night or last whenever, why not start a topic of their own to do it in? If they want to have a natter isn'[t that what the siesta forum is about? what about msn? It's just plain bad manners to hijack a legitimate thread or am I wrong?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Could it be the original poster actually meant the way that topics drift off course, just like this one has? From 3-4 posts from the bottom of the first page it completely leaves the intended topic and goes off at a tangent to discuss other matters between friends? This is actually topic hijacking isn't it?

If people want to talk about what they did last night or last whenever, why not start a topic of their own to do it in? If they want to have a natter isn'[t that what the siesta forum is about? what about msn? It's just plain bad manners to hijack a legitimate thread or am I wrong?
Most topics have a point when the "question" has been answered, and you'll find on most forums that this is where it drifts off topic.

I really trhink that if it remains absolutely factual and to the point all the time it becomes pretty boring. I'm on another forum that does exactly that and frankly it sends me to sleep .... I'm not even sure why I go there. We need more banter on here, its not only a place to get information (which all of us are happy and quick to give) but its a place to have fun also.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Ok everyone its handbags at dawn... !!

Meet ya round the back of the bike sheds (Siesta Time) for a good old fashioned scrap!!

No pulling hair, or debagging allowed tho!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Lionda on this one!
I think a lot is due to the problems that new people coming on here see some of the banter, and without knowing the people involved, and their postings etec, think they are having a go in all seriousness, not that it's just in fun. It's a common thing that many newgroups advise people to hold back a bit before posting replies to things like that as, when they get to know the posters, they will realise what is said as banter and what might be a serious bicker.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi all
Love Sam x
Great post, totally agree with you!

Most topics have a point when the "question" has been answered, and you'll find on most forums that this is where it drifts off topic.

I really trhink that if it remains absolutely factual and to the point all the time it becomes pretty boring. I'm on another forum that does exactly that and frankly it sends me to sleep .... I'm not even sure why I go there. We need more banter on here, its not only a place to get information (which all of us are happy and quick to give) but its a place to have fun also.
Same as above!

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Ok everyone its handbags at dawn... !!

Meet ya round the back of the bike sheds (Siesta Time) for a good old fashioned scrap!!

No pulling hair, or debagging allowed tho!

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I think a lot is due to the problems that new people coming on here see some of the banter, and without knowing the people involved, and their postings etec, think they are having a go in all seriousness, not that it's just in fun. It's a common thing that many newgroups advise people to hold back a bit before posting replies to things like that as, when they get to know the posters, they will realise what is said as banter and what might be a serious bicker.
Very True.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:01 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks to you!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I'm upset now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.