Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Old Sep 30th 2021, 2:45 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Actually in terms of ´standards´,ISO 17966:2016 Assistive products for personal hygiene that support users — Requirements and test methods

https://www.iso.org/standard/61146.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful link here in what to measure etc., if you have to replace your toilet seat.

https://victoriaplum.com/blog/posts/...-standard-size
Old Oct 1st 2021, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

This is the type I am after. As you can see it’s not just about the holes lining up. It has to be an exact match otherwise it won’t fit. That’s why I was hoping someone else on Esuri had replaced the same type and knew where to get them.

Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
This is the type I am after. As you can see it’s not just about the holes lining up. It has to be an exact match otherwise it won’t fit. That’s why I was hoping someone else on Esuri had replaced the same type and knew where to get them.

As stated earlier by Thomas Bern

If you want to make sure, remove one seat and take it with you to the store.

Simple

Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:39 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in an apartment block then chances are they installed the same bathroom suites in all the apartments. If that is the case then you could ask some of the neighbours, as they will have faced the same issue.

The loo looks quite modern.

As growinspain indicated then check for a manufacturers name on the loo itself. Google, I think the manufactures along with toilets to see if you can work out the name of the bathroom suite or a model number for it. They you may be able work out which loo seat is required.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guessing you want to replace because the UVA sunlight has discoloured the seat & cover. I took mine to Leroy merlin at Huelva but couldn't get an identical fit one. I decided that life is too short and I can't be arsed driving round loads of shops. My solution was to buy some abrasive steel wool and rub down the seat and cover having dismantled it by pulling out the pins. I bought a big can of brilliant white gloss spray paint from the Meca chinese shop in town. I resprayed evenly with three coats of paint one side at a time. Leave in sun for a few hours to harden between coats. Result was it looks brand new. I used almost a whole can of paint at 2.90 euros and the steel wool was left over from another job. You could use fine abrasive paper circa 480/ 520 grit. NB, Years ago I refinished classic cars so have lots of experience painting all manner of things, but anyone can do it with a bit of common sense.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just to repeat my earlier post - we have Fadesa installed toilets exactly as you describe and got replacement in Abreu. I have the box it is described as: Gala Marina G5142001- blanco , there is also a bin number of 2805191058.
This was a couple of years back but I reckon they could get you one if they haven't got in stock
Old Oct 16th 2021, 6:09 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
I'm guessing you want to replace because the UVA sunlight has discoloured the seat & cover. I took mine to Leroy merlin at Huelva but couldn't get an identical fit one. I decided that life is too short and I can't be arsed driving round loads of shops.
There has to be a joke here, working on it

You can try searching on e.g e--bay for 'D shaped toilet seat' if for some reason Mike's idea doesn't pan out... (pun intended). Not expensive even if you are not 'flush'

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 16th 2021 at 6:16 am.
Old Oct 16th 2021, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Just to repeat my earlier post - we have Fadesa installed toilets exactly as you describe and got replacement in Abreu. I have the box it is described as: Gala Marina G5142001- blanco , there is also a bin number of 2805191058.
This was a couple of years back but I reckon they could get you one if they haven't got in stock
Thanks Mike, and everyone else for the info. We are on our way to CE today and will take the old seat to Abreu in Lepe as suggested 👍
Old Oct 16th 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life!
Sounds like you got out of the wrong side of the toilet?
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I think Mike is spot on with the model number.

From my limited experience original replacements are hard to find.

I hope you are sitting down when Abreu give you a price for one

You can find a compatible seat and lid replacement for it on eBay.es or Amazon.es.

Just checked one reputable supplier who has them in stock. 51 euro inc delivery.

Best
Loco

​​​​​​

​​​​

Thanks Mike, and everyone else for the info. We are on our way to CE today and will take the old seat to Abreu in Lepe as suggested 👍

Last edited by Loco; Oct 18th 2021 at 8:42 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 9:14 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A which Google gives loads of options

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gala...obile&ie=UTF-8
Old Oct 21st 2021, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

All sorted, Abreu in Lepe had one in stock for 85€ which is a bit pricey but I know some seats can cost a couple of hundred. The model number was a bit different than the one stated above but fits perfect. You can get them cheaper on Amazon, and will probably buy from there next time.

Old Oct 30th 2021, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

£78 Amazon UK with that reference number.
Old Oct 31st 2021, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jogger
£78 Amazon UK with that reference number.
So 92€ at today´s exchange rate.
Old Oct 31st 2021, 8:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevesainty
So 92€ at today´s exchange rate.
Plus postage and then probably more to pay to customs..

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.