Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Old Sep 28th 2021, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

I have an apartment in Las Encinas on Costa Esuri and a couple of very tired toilet seats that need replacing. I don’t know where to get the replacements and was hoping someone else had already replaced theirs and could point me in the right direction. The seats are round at the front and square at the back, which sit flush with the shape of the toilet. Any help would be much appreciated 🤞
Old Sep 28th 2021, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toilet Trouble on Costa Esuri

Last time I needed one I bought it online, there is a huge selection to choose from. For example

https://www.amazon.es/s?k=tapas+de+w...l_2lqclbgcd0_e

Other suppliers are available, just Google "tapas de inodoro"

Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:00 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

It was raining cats and dogs there last week.

Do you mean the toilet seat is 'straight at the back', rather than being "square at the back"?

Does the image below show the shape of your loo seat?

Last edited by agree_to_disagree; Sep 28th 2021 at 6:02 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Straight and U shaped overall.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

More this shape but need to fit to existing hole in the loo.

Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:13 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Straight back to rear, parallel sides terminating in a semicircular, on the front end.

Well, if I was replacing the toilet seat I'd go the whole hog and get new mats also and maybe even curtains.

But all depends on he colour scheme you have going in the bathroom.

Just replaing one item can end up a can of worms as you look at everything else and can find yourself doing a whole refurb on the entire bathroom.

Uncle buck, I think you're on a slippery slope there....

ATB
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Straight back to rear, parallel sides terminating in a semicircular, on the front end.

Well, if I was replacing the toilet seat I'd go the whole hog and get new mats also and maybe even curtains.

But all depends on he colour scheme you have going in the bathroom.

Just replaing one item can end up a can of worms as you look at everything else and can find yourself doing a whole refurb on the entire bathroom.

Uncle buck, I think you're on a slippery slope there....

ATB
Get a life!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:29 pm
Banned

O dear, do keep your hair on Uncle Buck.

You do appear to have grumpy tendencies...
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
I have an apartment in Las Encinas on Costa Esuri and a couple of very tired toilet seats that need replacing. I don’t know where to get the replacements and was hoping someone else had already replaced theirs and could point me in the right direction. The seats are round at the front and square at the back, which sit flush with the shape of the toilet. Any help would be much appreciated 🤞
What brand - marque is the toilet? A manufacture normally will print their name on the cistern somewhere...

When you find it, use google translate for "toilet seat" and place in your search engine search box - spanish for toilet seat, brand - marque and your location.. It should give you distributors in that area..
Old Sep 29th 2021, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a large hardware shop near you

Leroymerlin? or Bricor

If so they will have a decent display of toilet seats on show.

Link to Leroys toilet seats:- https://www.leroymerlin.es/banos/wc-inodoro/tapas-wc

Old Sep 29th 2021, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

This article on Leroy Merlin´s site shows that there are 3 shapes of toilet , round, oval and rectangular. They also advise on how to measure the toilet bowl to get the correct size. Then is is just a straight choice of colours and prices.

https://www.leroymerlin.es/banos/wc-...ir-tapas-de-wc
Old Sep 29th 2021, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

We got replacement seats as you describe from Abreu in Lepe. It's just of town on the L'Antilla road - off the first roundabout.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. I am particularly interested in the ones that fit the contours of the toilet i.e. the lid is flush with the back of the toilet pan. Hard to describe without a picture but those on Las Encinas/Esuri would know. I will take a look at the suggested places and hopefully I can find what I need 👍
Old Sep 29th 2021, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what you mean?

https://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/178704...is-blanco-liso
Old Sep 30th 2021, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond reputeThomas Bern has a reputation beyond repute

Toilet seats largely follow general standards, so the most important thing is to measure the distance between the mounting bolts and the width and depth of the lid.

Toilet seats can be found in the Ferrer electrodomesticos store either in the Ayamonte store next to the market hall, but at least in their Industrial Zone store.
These can also be found inexpensive in most of Ayamonte's "China stores" and there is nothing wrong with them.
With the mentioned dimensions it is easy to check the fit. If you want to make sure, remove one seat and take it with you to the store. (these are only fastened with two bolts behind the toilet).
If you really want a wide selection, then Leroy Merlin in Lepe is a good option.
When buying, it is important to make sure that the "pads" under the seat are large enough; in the cheapest models they are small and hard plastic that will not last long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.