Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIE with no rental contract

TIE with no rental contract

Old Sep 27th 2020, 9:18 am
Just Joined

michkim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TIE with no rental contract

I need to start the process to get the TIE, I have a job but my landlord has not given me a rental contract, is there another way I prove my residence? Should I ask the owner to give me something in writing to say I live there? I heard it is common to let accommodation without a tenancy agreement, not sure how true this...apparently it’s to avoid taxes. I really like my flat and will be on the padron soon but I don’t think that’s enough for a TIE.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIE with no rental contract

Originally Posted by michkim
I need to start the process to get the TIE, I have a job but my landlord has not given me a rental contract, is there another way I prove my residence? Should I ask the owner to give me something in writing to say I live there? I heard it is common to let accommodation without a tenancy agreement, not sure how true this...apparently it’s to avoid taxes. I really like my flat and will be on the padron soon but I don’t think that’s enough for a TIE.

How are you going to sign on the padron without proof of address? ....Are the utility bills in your name? That may help.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

To gain a TIE card you need to prove in various ways that you actually are living here permanently in Spain. You would need to prove that you have enough income to satisfy the authorities you won't become a burden on the state. You will need to have a Spanish bank account with income being paid into that account for the last three months and outgoings being paid to various companies to prove that you actually are living here. You would need to prove that you have full healthcare cover paid for a full year. You will need to show a resident address and possibly a patron.

You are leaving it a little late now!

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Sep 27th 2020 at 1:36 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The only way you will know exactly what documentation is required and proof of residency is to ask the Extranjero Office that you will be applying to for part one of the process. If you are using a gestor for this then ask them to find out for you. The requirements although pretty standard under the new system do vary dependant on regional offices.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to rent out an apartment.You should always have a proper rental contract.Why would you go to a cash in hand merchant.He cheats the system & will have no qualms at doing the same to you.You have no comeback whatsoever.There are many honest landlords who pay their dues & rent out nice apartments.When I did this,I charged a fair rent as I had the property as an investment for my daughter to inherit & had tenants from various nationalities.Not one I am glad to say,ever reneged on their rent.The rental contract protected the rights of each of us.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Further to my comments, to apply for a TIE you need a Padron certificate,valid within 3 months from your local townhall & cannot get onto the Padron without a Rental contract or proof of property ownership.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Are we to assume that as you are not on the padron, that you are starting from 0, ie, you have no "green paper" residencia or anything ?
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:28 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03
Further to my comments, to apply for a TIE you need a Padron certificate,valid within 3 months from your local townhall & cannot get onto the Padron without a Rental contract or proof of property ownership.

.... in your area maybe that is true.

No padron is required here for exchanges, just for new residents
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
.... in your area maybe that is true.

No padron is required here for exchanges, just for new residents
.....But the O/P is a new resident.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

If padron is required for residency (this depends on the province you will be living in), you can be on padron without rental agreement if the landlord comes with you to the town hall and sign a paper stating you are living at their property and happy for you to be on padron, plus their DNI (identity card for Spanish) or NIE (identity number for foreigner).
Old Oct 1st 2020, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Would the landlord be willing to come to the townhall with you?? Might be asked why there is no rental contract as Govn. takes tax for rentals & is he paying his dues.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

the town hall people might ask, but they probably dont care. they are not winning or loosing anything out of his rentals.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
the town hall people might ask, but they probably dont care. they are not winning or loosing anything out of his rentals.
I would imagine that all government departments including the town hall have a legal duty to pass on any information regarding avoidance of paying taxes.

Steve
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
I would imagine that all government departments including the town hall have a legal duty to pass on any information regarding avoidance of paying taxes.
I assume lack of rental contract and landlord accompanying the applicant to the ayuntamiento usually happens when there is no rent being paid and they are just staying as friend, sharing facilities.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't think "the friend" explanation would go down too well where I live.Also I have applied for TIE,my green residencia certificate has a previous address on it as it was done many years ago.I was asked for a valid(issued in the last 3 months)padron certificate before I could proceed.This is in the Benidorm area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.